Sign in to follow this  
eurowing

remember the 747?

as probably all of you i have flown nothing but the ngx since it was released. just for the fun of it i jumped into the pmdg 747 a minute ago and i must say........ i was shocked! i used to be amazed by it but i think the ngx completely "ruined" it... my first thought was that it looked like a cartoon! not sure if that is good or bad but the guys at pmdg sure have made a big step forward from the 747. i think the md11 is somewhere in between these two. but even the 11 is not as enjoyable anymore. but who cares, flying the ngx i don't even miss any of the other planes!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I found the same thing with my Ejets Embraer. Attempted to make a flight with it the other day, since it was the only aircraft I really flew before NGX, and it is ruined now. The only way I found to resolve this is to take a small hiatus from the NGX.... yeah right, quitting smoking is easier.

yes its an amazing product, its really revived life back into FSX

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I flew the MD-11 the other day. It was good but it will be a while before I fly it again. Why take time from the NGX?

i agree when you have something that is the best of the best its hard to go back and use something that is not as good, ....like taking a pay cut. For me i dont think i will enjoy using aircraft that has less visual appeal and has lack ofsystems depth

I found the same thing with my Ejets Embraer. Attempted to make a flight with it the other day, since it was the only aircraft I really flew before NGX, and it is ruined now. The only way I found to resolve this is to take a small hiatus from the NGX.... yeah right, quitting smoking is easier.
Unfortunately I have to share your opinion, I have the Embraer 175/195, I removed from my computer, the real plane is very good, but in FSX or FS2004 is a true "drug". João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

I don't agree! Sorry but the Queen is still an Icon and totally Awesome plane and so is the MD-11. Sure I have at least a 100 hours in the NGX so far but I still enjoy the Queen and the MD-11 which keep things fresh. To others that feel the same, a little advice. Do not fly the Boeings so much that you forget how to fly the MD-11! LOL.gif I flew for like 6 weeks straight with the NGX and then yesterday when I went to load up the MD-11 I was stumbling badly trying to remember how things worked. After about an hour into my flight it all started coming back automatically again without thinking. So I guess it helps to fly all your planes regularly. I bet a lot of you after flying the heck outta the NGX will eventually start Missing the Queen and your other PMDG Aircraft over time. If your a long hauler like me you can't always use the NGX anyway because it will never do YSSY to KDFW or KSFO to VHHX. I like doing all the flights now, short ones, long ones, dangerous ones. With the 737-800, 767-300, 747-400 and MD-11 I have Short Range, Medium Range and Long Range capability. It helps to keep things fresh or eventually you might burn out on NGX! Shocked.gif

Truly nothing quite like watching a replay of the Queen gracefully descending out of the clouds and watching your greased landing with smug satisfaction.

... my first thought was that it looked like a cartoon!
Here we go with the cartoon comparision again. I wish you guys could find another word to describe sim related items rather than saying it looked like a cartoon. Frankly I don't see anything in the sim that vaguely reminds me of or looks like the guy below.I wish who ever it was that started using this term would have chosen something else to describe sim stuff, like: it looks low res, the colors dont seem right, the sky color seem off, etc. I might throw up in my mouth a little bit the next time I hear someone say something in the sim looked cartoonish or I though it looked like a cartoon.original.jpgSean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

While the Feelthere Embraer series may be no match for the latest PMDG products from the standpoint of visuals, complexity and performance realism, those Feelthere products are currently the most accurate renditions of the Embraer 135,145,170,175,190 and 195, which is the reason many flight sim pilots who do wish to learn the systems and operation of those Brazilian-made birds will continue to fly them, unless of course PMDG decides to produce the Embraer jet series, in which case Feelthere will vanish beneath the waves without a trace. Fortunately for Feelthere, that scenario is very unlikely. Tony Selario

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

You're right but if you know your way around computers, you can make sure she gets a certain degree of refurbishment. You can modify the textures, replace the GPWS sounds, change the CRT's to LCD's change colors, etc. Some of those things you sadly cannot do on the NGX anymore. You can try your hand at crafting a High Definition texture for it, or buy one from McPhat if you absolutely wish. My queen is the most refurbished addon in my fleet, countless hand tweaks under her hood.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

as probably all of you i have flown nothing but the ngx since it was released. just for the fun of it i jumped into the pmdg 747 a minute ago and i must say........ i was shocked! i used to be amazed by it but i think the ngx completely "ruined" it... my first thought was that it looked like a cartoon! not sure if that is good or bad but the guys at pmdg sure have made a big step forward from the 747. i think the md11 is somewhere in between these two. but even the 11 is not as enjoyable anymore. but who cares, flying the ngx i don't even miss any of the other planes!
Roger That! The NGX has re-invigorated my enthusiasm for FSX. I was bored with years of the Level D 767 (but still an amazing product for it's time) and a few other a/c including 747 Queen of the Skies.........but I can't go back to any of them anymore since the NGX. I wasn't even a 737 enthusiast either.... until now. And if you haven't flown 3D yet with the NGX, see how that changes you! I hope PMDG revamps or works all the Boeing line of a/c in the same detail as the NGX.PS: Airbus too if they can..........all of them will sell like hotcakes. Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I think the NGX deserves the name “Add On SLAYERLOL.gif , since for two weeks I am removing / uninstalling other Add On aircraft models on my computer. They look so dull, not enough options and to free more room for NGX! The last victim was last night, I tried to do quick flight but the VC of the famous product looked so flat without shadows, unusable buttons and wrong textures, and to tell you the truth not only textures but the whole system was not right, couldn’t fly it it any more. Regarding the queen I would love for PMDG to put it on the list for potential paid upgrade, because the model is perfect and I would like to have the VC and 2D panels the same as well.

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Are there still plans for a 747 version 2?? and your right Alaa the NGX destroyed every other addon aircraft i had prior to this.Add on Slayer is right on

John C

I think the NGX deserves the name “Add On SLAYERLOL.gif , since for two weeks I am removing / uninstalling other Add On aircraft models on my computer. They look so dull, not enough options and to free more room for NGX! The last victim was last night, I tried to do quick flight but the VC of the famous product looked so flat without shadows, unusable buttons and wrong textures, and to tell you the truth not only textures but the whole system was not right, couldn’t fly it it any more. Regarding the queen I would love for PMDG to put it on the list for potential paid upgrade, because the model is perfect and I would like to have the VC and 2D panels the same as well.
Did the same to you, there's nothing left, I removed a lot of my FSX, many planes lost grace.The PMDG could give in a remodeled 747-QoS, it has the perfect function, the external textures are pretty good just got a little behind because the younger brother is the max!The NGX is a milestone, from now on will be before and after the PMDG NGX.I happy to pay an upgrade from the 747's QoS. João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos