Sign in to follow this  
Brett Nicholls

Kai Tak

Hi Pmdg Team. I tried to fly out of Kai Tak ( old Hong Kong Airport ) but it is not in the FMC database.I guess if it is not used in the real world anymore I can understand the reasoning. Anyway just thought it was worth a mention. Just one other point regarding the HUG display that I noticed sometimes that if you have been flying for awhile and you bring up the display the compass at the bottom of the display looks like it disappears behind the MCP panel.

2. Is caused my fsx limitations. I think it happens when landing lights are turned on.

Kai Tak (VHHX) is not in the AIRACs files anymore because Chek Lap Kok (VHHH) is the new Airport. So none of the information related to Kai Tak will be in the FMC. However you can get around this by using my tutorial below and it will work for the other PMDG planes as well. 747-400, MD-11 etc. It is important to note that the next time you upgrade your AIRACs this information will be removed and you will have to re-enter it again. PMDG - Kai Tak SID/STAR Setup: Go to Navigraph and Download the VHHX_V9 SID/STAR. (Version 9 at the Top of the list by Thomas Lau)http://www.navdata.a...=PMDG&icao=VHHX Unzip the file and place the VHHX.txt file into the \FSX\PMDG\SIDSTARS folder. Find the Folder \FSX\PMDG\Navdata 1) Open file wpNavAPT.txt, and add following to lines to the end of file and then save it, or you can paste it in under the VHHH entries like I do. Either way will work. HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX13 10930136 22.321667 114.196667111.9008800015HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX31 10930316 22.305500 114.214500109.9031600015 It is Very Important that you line up the coordinates with the other entries in the above file. If you do not line them up neatly like the other Coordinate entries then you will not see the SID/STARs in the FMC. The Coordinates start after the Runway numbers and you can use the space bar to push them over till they line up evenly. 2) Open file Airports.dat using Notepad or other text editor, and add following line: VHHX 22.316667 114.203333 Have Fun at Kai Tak. If you do not already have Fly Tampa's Kai Tak I highly recommend this scenery.

Kai Tak (VHHX) is not in the AIRACs files anymore because Chek Lap Kok (VHHH) is the new Airport. So none of the information related to Kai Tak will be in the FMC. However you can get around this by using my tutorial below and it will work for the other PMDG planes as well. 747-400, MD-11 etc. It is important to note that the next time you upgrade your AIRACs this information will be removed and you will have to re-enter it again. PMDG - Kai Tak SID/STAR Setup: Go to Navigraph and Download the VHHX_V9 SID/STAR. (Version 9 at the Top of the list by Thomas Lau)http://www.navdata.a...=PMDG&icao=VHHX Unzip the file and place the VHHX.txt file into the \FSX\PMDG\SIDSTARS folder. Find the Folder \FSX\PMDG\Navdata 1) Open file wpNavAPT.txt, and add following to lines to the end of file and then save it, or you can paste it in under the VHHH entries like I do. Either way will work. HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX13 10930136 22.321667 114.196667111.9008800015HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX31 10930316 22.305500 114.214500109.9031600015 It is Very Important that you line up the coordinates with the other entries in the above file. If you do not line them up neatly like the other Coordinate entries then you will not see the SID/STARs in the FMC. The Coordinates start after the Runway numbers and you can use the space bar to push them over till they line up evenly. 2) Open file Airports.dat using Notepad or other text editor, and add following line: VHHX 22.316667 114.203333 Have Fun at Kai Tak. If you do not already have Fly Tampa's Kai Tak I highly recommend this scenery.
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Somewhere on this forum I found a link for downloading PMDG VHHX v1.10.exe fixing this proiblem, but...... can't find it again!!!