Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

The approach pitch attitude is fixed (but now less engine n1 is used on approach but this will probably be corrected in sp1). As for the flare, it is now correct at 4-5 degrees, but, I've only done 1 landing, it is basically the same as before in that you put the nose 2-3 degrees up and you shouldn't float that much. This is the same as it was before, but in my opinion, the problem wasn't the flare but the approach pitch attitude as before the hotfix I use to flare about 2 degrees the same and not used to float.
Yes I'd agree with that. I never had an issue with floating. The pitch on approach now seems okay. However, I've only done one landing on a 3 degree GS, my last landing was at LOWI, a steep glideslope, so i need to try it again on a 3 degree GS. No floating, settled down nicely following the hud guidance.

Hello all, a little advice please, if I create a restore point before installing the new HF and in few days I am not happy with it, so I will go back to the restore point of today, will the NGX be at it's previous status or the new one?Regards

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Sounds great! I bought my NGX on release night and have been flying it bug free. With respect to the 600/700 is there a livery list posted yet, or will it be added to the 800/900 list? Thanks for such a great product. I haven't been able to go back to another aircraft. Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Thanks so much for getting this out to us early, and not making us wait for the full service pack to be released. I've not had a chance to try it myself yet, but it sounds from others' reports like the freezing problems are hopefully fixed. One quick question, though. Robert, you said:

This hotfix includes more than 110 documented tweaks, adjustments, fixes and optimizations over the original RTM version of the NGX, and about 30 undocumented changes.
I am wondering what the documented vs. undocumented changes are in reference to? I've read the whole thread, read the ReadMe before installing, and checked there's no new docs installed under PMDG in my Start menu. Should I be finding documentation as to what bugs have been fixed / what features have been added somewhere, and I'm missing it? Or are you referring to documented vs. undocumented internally at PMDG, and there's no change log for end users? Thanks again for the great support you're offering us all!

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Made two flights today with the new Hotfix, the tutorial-flight and from EGPH to EGBB...no more freezes or CTDs, the 737 works fine now. Thanks for the great support PMDG! The NGX is a stunning bird im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

With respect to the 600/700 is there a livery list posted yet, or will it be added to the 800/900 list?
The only one I've had Ryan personally confirm is the -600 URS Federal Services aka "Janet". I'm ready for my Southwest -700!

Chris Hicks

Dear All. For the life of me I cannot find the aircraft.cfg files referred to in all this thread. I have Windows 7 64 bit and FSX is installed in programs86\microsoft games\... etc. I have looked in C:\users\"username"\appdata and then local and roaming but still cannot locate. A file search for *.cfg comes up blank. Help much appreciated before I attempt to laod the latest hotfix. ThanksJohn

Dear All. For the life of me I cannot find the aircraft.cfg files referred to in all this thread. I have Windows 7 64 bit and FSX is installed in programs86\microsoft games\... etc. I have looked in C:\users\"username"\appdata and then local and roaming but still cannot locate. A file search for *.cfg comes up blank. Help much appreciated before I attempt to laod the latest hotfix. ThanksJohn
aircraft.cfg files are stored in your Aircraft folder which is inside SimObjects in your main FSX folder, its also not a good idea to install FSX in your programs86 folder.

hello, if my rig is running great with the aug 16th hot fix 3, do i need to add the hotfix 4 or can i just wait until the SP1. thanks james.

Bob. Thanks. I know that program86 is not ideal but I am reluctant to uninstall and start completely over, although this may be a good idea before SP1 arrives. That said I still cannot fing files titled "aircraft".cfg. The folder SimObjects is in c:\users\"username"\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX\SimObjects. In there are 4 PDMG folders but in each is just one file titled "state.cfg. I cannot open this to edit. Is this however what I am looking for?John

Hi James. I am following this thread on editing the aircraft.cfg files to backup liveries or deleting the cfg files altogether before installing the latest hotfix. I just seem unable to track down the aircraft.cfg files. The manual refers to fsxroot/PDMG/PDMG 737 NGX/Aircraft but I can't find that either!! Must be me I know but assistance gladly received. Thanks for the advice on FSX location. I think I will leave well alone.JohnJames. I have at least tracked down the FSXroot etc ...... but that appears only to be related to the livery manager and associated files and not to "aircraft".cfg filesJohn

My 4 aircraft.cfg files say 1.00.2922 after hotfix 4 install !! What's wrong ?

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png