Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

TrackIR5 and the NGX

How's every one doing using the Trackir5 with this complicated bird?I never buy a lot of these add on's cause you have to be a computer engineer to confiqure them and that's exactly what happened when i bought this trackir.The default view all set up and hitting F12 is looking just below the Fire warning button and upwards . And then looking down i have my chin sucked way in my chest so here we go again with these frustrating add on's.

Zooming out a bit helps.If your f12 view is too low, try looking downs bit (maybe at the pfd) then hit f12 again.

I'm on my way to Vancouver right now and tried it but i found to get it 1/2 decent i have to put my head high up as high as one of the green lights go out then rehit F12 like you said it's a lot better. I have the speed at 0.4 and smooth at 30 but i find it pans too fast still.Thanks for the tip

I'm on my way to Vancouver right now and tried it but i found to get it 1/2 decent i have to put my head high up as high as one of the green lights go out then rehit F12 like you said it's a lot better. I have the speed at 0.4 and smooth at 30 but i find it pans too fast still.Thanks for the tip
Do a search for the "Seth flight" profile. It's a good one to start with, tune from there to your liking.

I tried TrackIR with the NGX for all of about 5 minutes before I unplugged it. Track IR is great for some planes/games/ but it drives me insane in an airliner. It took me 2x as long to do anything in the cockpit then having to hold my head at the exact right position during descent. I ended up pausing TrackIR so much that it was hardly ever being used.

Noah Bryant

It took me 2x as long to do anything in the cockpit then having to hold my head at the exact right position during descent. I ended up pausing TrackIR so much that it was hardly ever being used.
HiI had the same issue. I now use EZDok with TrackIR. I can now hot-key to the FMC and do the input with TrackIR deactivated. No more jitters trying to hold still while doing input. This also removes the need for 2D panels for me. regardsMalan

Umm that's why i bought this Track 5 cause it's so busy in the cockpit , and the "Seth flight" i down loaded it but can't open it. Yes Malan i keep hearing about EZDoc and IR go hand in hand . Right now if i can just get the darn thing to pan nice and smooth and slow.

Those above issues is why I never used those things. I can fly fine looking around holding the space bar and mouse also plus quickly tapping A to get to the panel, waste of cash imo. Waiting for FS2Crew voice edition, common PMDG!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Umm that's why i bought this Track 5 cause it's so busy in the cockpit , and the "Seth flight" i down loaded it but can't open it.
Did you put it in the tir profiles folder? After that you should be able to select it from a dropdown menu in the trackir GUI.

Got it in Ken, don't really know how different it is yet but F12 is now the top view so it must be in there - thanks bud

Got it in Ken, don't really know how different it is yet but F12 is now the top view so it must be in there - thanks bud
By default, you'll have to select that profile manually every time you start. You can set it as the default profile for fsx, but I don't remember the exact clicking sequence to do it & I'm away from my sim pc. As bet I can recall, starting with Seth flight I turned speed down a little & that's where I was happy.

Check out this landing i did using TrackIr 5.I couldn't do it without it.In my channel there is another one, and i have to upload the last one into Innsbruck

Check out this landing i did using TrackIr 5.I couldn't do it without it.In my channel there is another one, and i have to upload the last one into Innsbruck
What are your settings for TIR?

What are your settings for TIR?
I have the setting from AOA. I don't remember if one of the guys post it here o in their site.

I have the setting from AOA. I don't remember if one of the guys post it here o in their site.
What are your speed and smooth sliders at?