Sign in to follow this  
Timeerror

2D panel - 4:3

Hi, I noticed, that we will not get more 2D panels with SP1. Does this mean, that we will not get a 4:3 panel version?I hope that this is not case. Is forwarding a 4:3 panel so difficult? Markus

Best Performance OS: Windows 7 64-bitProcessor: Intel Core i5 or i7 (Sandy Bridge core) or betterRAM: 4GB+Video Card: Nvidia GTX560 Ti, 570 or 580 with 1GB+ of video memory or betterMonitor: Widescreen 1920x1080+

I run the VC in 4:3 no problems at all.. I'm still on an antique CRT.. :|I won't fly a 2D panel any more.. And haven't for several years.Totally VC for this buoy. I won't even consider an aircraft that does nothave a good VC. Anyway, the NGX VC runs and looks just fine in 4:3.

Hi, of course, the VC looks nice on a 4:3 monitor. Why not?.I also know, that some of us are happy with the 2D panel on their 4:3 monitor.I do not want to be unpolite. My question was not, whether 4:3 panel are good or bad etc.I would only like to know, whether PMDG will forward us a 4:3 panel with SP1 or not; and if not why...Thats all.I know, that 4:3 monitors are not "up to date", but that was not the question or the issue of this topic (sorry).

... and if not why...
I think that has been answered quite a few times. Are you hoping that if you keep asking, the answer might change?

I also would like to know if there is going to be a 2D cockpit included in 4:3 format with SP1? I'm waiting for this piece of information before I decide whether to buy the airplane or not. Just a simple "yes" or "no" from someone from PMDG would be fine. Jon

Sorry people, for ages people've been complaining they have distorted panels on their 16:9/16:10 screens, and now the panels are redesigned to accomodate for the modern screen asspect ratio.Now the remaining few come out again and ask for 4:3 panels again. I'm afraid I don't see a chance for you to get them back for obvious reasons. And as all the above have stated, VC is 3-dimensional, and hence not relying on screen aspect ratio. So either use windowed mode and resize to a widescreen format, or use the VC. sig.gif

Hi, Yes, I am one of these people that come out and ask for a 4:3 panel. O.k. The MD-11 was a perfect product. The MD-11 has/had a perfect VC and 2D panels for 4:3 and widescreen monitors and so on... It was a perfect service from PMDG. And now I am missing this service. In my opinion, a perfect addon should have features like 4:3 and widescreen panels, a fuel planner, etc.An I am not the only one, who is interested in a 4:3 panel. I am also not very happy, if - in future - a 2D panel will not be included in PMDG products, but this is another issue.However an official statement from PMDG would be nice. Markus

Markus - there is an official statement from PMDG (as far as I recall). No, no more 2D panels will be included. And I guess no one will bother to resize the existing ones. :( Just because of that I had to buy widescreen. Probably its not fair and I completely agree with you about MD11, but... widescreen rocks. so if you can spend some 200$, go for it and you wont regret.

Ok, thats very sad to hear, that a 4:3 panel is not planed. Now one question: I think that a widescreen monitor has an impact on the framerate, because of the resolution. What is your experience? Markus

Ok, thats very sad to hear, that a 4:3 panel is not planed.
I don't think that PMDG has stated officially yet that there is not going to be a 4:3 2D panel of the cockpit in SP1. They only confirmed that they are not going to add the throttle as a 2D panel. So please provide me the link where PMDG states that there isn't going to be a 4:3 2D panel of the cockpit, because I would really like to know that information from someone from PMDG. Jon

Now one question: I think that a widescreen monitor has an impact on the framerate, because of the resolution. What is your experience? Markus
I moved from a 19" 4:3 to a 23" widescreen about 2 years ago and notice no difference in performance at all on my older rig. I have no idea what specs your computer are but if they are as good or better than mine you should notice any difference at all, but of course that could be different if you get a really large screen.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Still no official reply from PMDG on this subject? Maybe I'll have to send in a support ticket. Jon

Still no official reply from PMDG on this subject? Maybe I'll have to send in a support ticket. Jon
There have been plenty of official replies, just not the ones you are hoping for. As I asked someone else on this thread, are you hoping that if you keep asking, the answer might change? Have you had much luck with that strategy in any other part of your life?

PMDG has always pushed the limits of Technology to give the best possible experience to their customers. Just like FS Dreamteam will no longer be making scenery for FS9 anymore, PMDG is moving away from 2d-panels to virtual cockpits. Widescreens have been out for quite some time now and prices are very reasonable. People just have to accept that upgrading hardware to keep up with new technology is part of this hobby or you get left behind. The Future is Widescreen and that is what the majority of people use today.