Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

FSX freezes when pushing the TO/GA hidden button

Hi all,I have always had this problem with the NGX, If i am on the runway and I push the TO/GA hidden button at 40% N1 at take off all is fine, but if I press the TO/GA button on a missed approach my system freezes, I was hoping the latest HOTFIX would resolve this problem but is hasn’t.Any help would be great .My system is i5 2500K running @ 4.6ghz 4gb of PC1600 ( 2x2gb sticks ) Nvida 9800GTX+ 512mb. Windows 7 64 bit. Mark Parslow

FWIW, I had not engaged the TOGA button during a full auto flight system approach prior to the current build (2987), but I did last night and I was able to reproduce this lockup three times. Each time I was between 200-400 feet RA, once with one autopilot engaged, twice with both. Tried both Collins and Honeywell MCPs too in case it mattered. So I can't say if this problem existed prior to the current build, but either way, I'm sure it will be fixed in SP1 as this current build represents a work in progress.

Chris Lundberg

Make sure that you submit a support ticket about this problem. Just posting it here doesn't guarantee that PMDG sees it.

This is a knowen problem and PMDG are aware of it and I am sure that it will be adressed in the SP1 update

Weird.. I did a go around with the latest version and had no problem.In fact, the huge drop in frame rate that I saw when doing this with theearlier version seemed to be fixed. I didn't get that drop in frame rate thistime. What's weird is how some things work for some, and not for others.. :/I've seen this on a few other issues. But I'll try another go around next timeI get a chance and try it a second time.