Sign in to follow this  
JMEppright

Brakes problem

OK, here it is. I'm a long time FS user and enjoyer. I'm using FSX and have CH Rudder Pedals and Eclipse Yoke. I'm using a registered version of FSUIPC. Yoke and pedals seem to be working fine and testing indicate they are AOK. In FSX, I have an indication that brakes are on. Pushing on a rudder pedal changes the "Brake" indication to "Differential Braking" indicating to me the rudder pedals are indeed functioning properly. Is there something else I am missing? It should not take half throttle travel to get a machine moving

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

There is an issue with FSX where the brakes will get jacked up (sorry I dont know exactly what is happening). Personally, I have found that pressing the period key once will clear the issue. Basically I was finding that it was taking a crazy amount of throttle to move even though the brakes were supposedly off. Pressing the period key always fixes it for me. Then if I use the pedals to brake again, the error sometimes happened again so I just got in the habit of always pressing the period key after using my toe brakes. The only difference between my issue and yours is when this happens to me there is no "Brakes" indication (but theres a good chance I have turned that text off and forgotten).

Noah Bryant

Hi, I might be completely off, but are you sure you havent just left the parking brake on? "Ctrl + ." Cheers, Jack

I've checked and parking brake is not set. I've gone into FSX controls and checked what activates brakes and reset. Still no good.

Happy landings,

Mike Eppright (KAAO)

OK, here it is. I'm a long time FS user and enjoyer. I'm using FSX and have CH Rudder Pedals and Eclipse Yoke. I'm using a registered version of FSUIPC. Yoke and pedals seem to be working fine and testing indicate they are AOK. In FSX, I have an indication that brakes are on. Pushing on a rudder pedal changes the "Brake" indication to "Differential Braking" indicating to me the rudder pedals are indeed functioning properly. Is there something else I am missing? It should not take half throttle travel to get a machine moving
You're last statement is correct (given the obvious like engines running allready :) ), others a bit ambiguous.
Yoke and pedals seem to be working fine and testing indicate they are AOK.
How do you conclude that ?
Pushing on a rudder pedal changes the "Brake" indication to "Differential Braking" indicating to me the rudder pedals are indeed functioning properly
?? No, it only tells you that FSX sees any motion on the pedal axis; nothing more.But from what you describe: in the controller "axis assignments" menu, try to check (or uncheck) the ReversedAxis checkbox for both left/right brakes axis.Meaning that at present, FSX thinks that, in rest position of the pedals, toebrakes are fully applied instead of fully released. If that doesn't help: try to calibrate your CH pedals in the Windows GameController menu; allthough the registered version of FSUIPC can help in fine-calibrating axis, it doesn't do miracles. Regards, Rob