Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

OK, simply not working as hoped

I have Win7 FSX with all SP's (with the Accelaration package) and PMGD's 737 NGX just got FSUIP, ASE and FSBuild I understood that 'wind smoothing' via FSUIPC would be a good thing to get for the PMDG NGX flights. Turns out that the ASE documents suggest not to and to use their DWC(?) so I will write off FSUIPC. All I am trying to do is get ASE winds aloft into FSB and then have these actually in FSX, here is what I have done after just over 3 hours of forum searching... 1. I set FSB ACTIVESKY-WXRE (ACTIVESKY will not work - get error report) export directory path is as follows: C:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER2. Checked Apply Winds Aloft Data in FSbuild's Settings section.3. Saved FSBuilds configuration.4. Restarted FSBuild and confirmed the above data was still applied, it was.5. Exit FSBuild.6. I started Active Sky Evolution and downloaded the latest weather.7. Confirmed that the file current_wx_snapshot was in the following directoryC:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER8. Started FSBuild.9. Created A Flight Plan.10. No Winds aloft shown (all zeroes) kind of at wits end here, any help would be appreciated if you have a minute Many thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi, 2 things: - What's your windows locale set to? (Can you paste here a single line, whichever you like from current_wx_snapshot?) - import the fsbuild plan to ASE (export as fsx xml from fsbuild first) and let it process the data. Use ASE winds aloft data in your FMC, because these are what you will encounter during your flight. Close fsbuild, then reopen the same plan and the aloft should be there (they will not match exactly the ones in ASE because fsb uses the method of copying the closest to the waypoint station data, while ASE uses advanced interpolation). Use fsbuild winds etsimates only for initial fuel calculation. Kostas Terzides

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

I have Win7 FSX with all SP's (with the Accelaration package) and PMGD's 737 NGX just got FSUIP, ASE and FSBuild I understood that 'wind smoothing' via FSUIPC would be a good thing to get for the PMDG NGX flights. Turns out that the ASE documents suggest not to and to use their DWC(?) so I will write off FSUIPC. All I am trying to do is get ASE winds aloft into FSB and then have these actually in FSX, here is what I have done after just over 3 hours of forum searching... 1. I set FSB ACTIVESKY-WXRE (ACTIVESKY will not work - get error report) export directory path is as follows: C:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER2. Checked Apply Winds Aloft Data in FSbuild's Settings section.3. Saved FSBuilds configuration.4. Restarted FSBuild and confirmed the above data was still applied, it was.5. Exit FSBuild.6. I started Active Sky Evolution and downloaded the latest weather.7. Confirmed that the file current_wx_snapshot was in the following directoryC:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE\WEATHER8. Started FSBuild.9. Created A Flight Plan.10. No Winds aloft shown (all zeroes) kind of at wits end here, any help would be appreciated if you have a minute Many thanks
If you are running FSB 2.4 your fsbuild configuration file (fsbuild2.cfg in the main FSB directory) should contain the following for ASE... [FSBUILD]AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1MAGYEAR=2005AIRCRAFT=A319-111 w/ CFM56-5B5/PSBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.netROUTELINE=1NATRAKURL=www.fsbuild.com/nat/pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/common/nat.htmlNAVCHKDUPDIST=100WEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]FS_HOME=C:\FLIGHT SIMULATOR 9 (this is mine - yours may be different)ACTIVESKY=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Weather If you are getting errors make sure to run FSB from the right click menu "run as administrator" DJ

current_wx_snapshot as requested; $003::*::*::255,015,-30.2/258,008,-28.6/267,004,-29.4/137,004,-37.1/119,009,-46.2/135,003,-54.2/212,004,-61.5/195,004,-64.9/204,005,-68.8 import the fsbuild plan to ASE (export as fsx xml from fsbuild first) and let it process the data.DONE Close fsbuild, then reopen the same plan and the aloft should be there.No, they did not appear, I still get no winds showing in FSB------------------------------------------FSB config file cut and paste as requested;[FSBUILD]AUTOREFRESH_DELAY=1MAGYEAR=2005AIRCRAFT=B737-800 w/ CFM56-7B26SBPC_SERVER=www.vatsim.netWEATHERPROG=ACTIVESKY-WXREFSB is set to run as administrator[MS-FLIGHTSIMULATOR]FS_HOME=C:\GAMES\FLIGHTSIMXACTIVESKY-WXRE=C:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASEACTIVESKY=C:\USERS\MIKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\HIFI\ASE Also, after I load the flightplan into ASE, I get a popup box with the following; 'Would you like to install graphics snapshot textures based on your new route? Press OK to install Graphics Snapshot textures or CANCELto leave the textrues in their present state' then I press the OK button and I get this error; 'ASE could find no Snapshots which are close to the weather conditions given. Please manually install one of the remaining Snapshots or increse your Snapshot selection' Any more ideas? Anyone?

Hi Mike, Sorry my mistake there. FSBuild uses the wx_station_list.txt, not the snapshot. Check this file. There have been some reports that in Windows with a locale that uses "," instead of "." as a comma delimeter, there are some issues between fsbuild and ase communication Kostas Terzides

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

thanks, I will review thanks again