Sign in to follow this  
Tyty7793

IRS countdown

How do you get to the alignment countdown? Is it a CDU page, or is it something you select on the IRS panel?

Select HDG/ STS on the DSPL SEL of the IRS Panel and you will be able to see the countdown through the IRS Panel.

It's on the IRS panel on the Aft Overhead. Twist the little knob on the IRS unit to the far right position that says HDG/STS. STS stands for Status, and it shows the time remaining till alignment. Edit: Cruz was faster on the 'Submit' button... hahha.

Thanks, that's what I thought but the counter said 4 and it didn't feel like i'd been aligning for 6 minutes already.

It's on the IRS panel on the Aft Overhead. Twist the little knob on the IRS unit to the far right position that says HDG/STS. STS stands for Status, and it shows the time remaining till alignment. Edit: Cruz was faster on the 'Submit' button... hahha.
tongue.pngBut i just learned that STS stands for STATUS.Thanks for that.

Thanks, that's what I thought but the counter said 4 and it didn't feel like i'd been aligning for 6 minutes already.
Because it's doesn't start at 10 ;) The actual alignment time depends on your latitude. If the time remaining is less than 7, the display will show that time. If it is 7 or more, it will show 7.

Because it's doesn't start at 10 ;) The actual alignment time depends on your latitude. If the time remaining is less than 7, the display will show that time. If it is 7 or more, it will show 7.
I'm sure you mean less/more than 15. And no, it doesn't. It does show 17-16-15 and so forth at high latitudes, as opposed to 15 for the first three minutes as it would be correct, then counting down, but I've brought up this issue numerous times in the past. Plus the other one, that it would show 16667 minutes of alignment time (and count down from there!) at very high latitudes, where it shouldn't align at all anymore. That one however I have not yet checked after HF4. sig.gif EDIT Just checked FYI - both issues still the same. Edited by badderjet