Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FSX/P3D AIRCRAFTS: Compatibility Questions and Issues

Please use this sticky for all FSX/P3D aircrats compatibility questions .Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Does anyone know what aircraft addons are compatible with P3D? (PMDG, CS, LVLD, etc)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I'm interested into compatibility of:1) PMDG NGX2) PMDG 7473) PMDG JS414) PMDG MD-115) DA Fokker6) LDS 7677) WILCO AIRBUS Can someone report any of those really 100% working?

If they work in FSX, they should work in P3D, unless the addon developer has intentionally stopped them working in P3D for whatever reason (probably commercial licensing ). Most addon aircraft already developed would not be P3D aware, so they would not intentionally stop working in P3D. From what I have experienced, with some brief testing, the PMDG 737NX runs just as well in P3D as it does in FSX.If that plane can run OK, you can expect most planes designed for FSX to work well. Some planes, designed for FS9, that have issues in FSX, will most likely have the same issues in P3D. There may be some issues in INSTALLING FSX planes in P3D, if the plane's Installer is specifically locked to installing into the FSX directories ( typically determined by looking for, and reading FSX REGISTRY entries) -- but that can normally be quite easily overcome. The nice thing is, you don't have to take my, or anyone else's word for it -- for $9.99 you can try out P3D yourself Hypnotized.gif

If they work in FSX, they should work in P3D, unless the addon developer has intentionally stopped them working in P3D for whatever reason (probably commercial licensing ). Most addon aircraft already developed would not be P3D aware, so they would not intentionally stop working in P3D. From what I have experienced, with some brief testing, the PMDG 737NX runs just as well in P3D as it does in FSX.If that plane can run OK, you can expect most planes designed for FSX to work well.Some planes, designed for FS9, that have issues in FSX, will most likely have the same issues in P3D. There may be some issues in INSTALLING FSX planes in P3D, if the plane's Installer is specifically locked to installing into the FSX directories ( typically determined by looking for, and reading FSX REGISTRY entries) -- but that can normally be quite easily overcome. The nice thing is, you don't have to take my, or anyone else's word for it -- for $9.99 you can try out P3D yourself Hypnotized.gif
Flew in your server last night... Really liking how good FPS is so far :D

Ok, we know that Ultimate Traffic 2 won't work, Do any of the other traffic programs work or maybe World of AI?

NAX669.png

Ok, we know that Ultimate Traffic 2 won't work, Do any of the other traffic programs work or maybe World of AI?
This guy says he got UT2 to work in prepar3d and posted a shot to prove it. I dont know what the edit is that he did and I wont even go there since there are licencing issues with doing that. I guess it just shows, that it is possible to do.http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1500.0 Rob

Anyone using the NGX in P3D? Does your HUGS work? mines has nothing on it.
Make sure you have added the PMDG HUGS dll entry into your P3D's dll.xml ( see FSX's dll.xml)Also make sure you edit the path, and have a copy of the dll in the corresponding place on P3D, as it was in FSX. I assume you found everything else you need to copy across to P3D : ie PMDG Gauges, Sounds, Effects, Fonts, as well as the PMDG directoty and it's sub folders ??

Make sure you have added the PMDG HUGS dll entry into your P3D's dll.xml ( see FSX's dll.xml)Also make sure you edit the path, and have a copy of the dll in the corresponding place on P3D, as it was in FSX. I assume you found everything else you need to copy across to P3D : ie PMDG Gauges, Sounds, Effects, Fonts, as well as the PMDG directoty and it's sub folders ??
I would like some pointers as to how to get the NGX working with P3D... I have copied the directories you mentioned but the NGX doesn't show up inside P3D... I don't even seem to have that .XML in my copy of P3D. Feeling a bit stupid here.. Worried.gif

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I would like some pointers as to how to get the NGX working with P3D... I have copied the directories you mentioned but the NGX doesn't show up inside P3D... I don't even seem to have that .XML in my copy of P3D. Feeling a bit stupid here.. Worried.gif
Copy the exe.xml and dll.xml to the according P3D directory, edit it, and delete all for P3D irrelevant stuff.Copy all aircraft from Simobjects, PMDG folder from FSX, PMDG gauges from Gauges folder, PMDG folder inside of Sound folder. That should get you running.

Copy the exe.xml and dll.xml to the according P3D directory, edit it, and delete all for P3D irrelevant stuff.Copy all aircraft from Simobjects, PMDG folder from FSX, PMDG gauges from Gauges folder, PMDG folder inside of Sound folder. That should get you running.
Yes! That made all the difference! Thank you SO much! im Not Worthy.gif

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Two more I tried: Captain Sim B-52 works in P3D, as does Earth Simulations' Treescapes. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ah, and with PMDG - don't forget the folder Fonts - it contains PMDG fonts for displays. And someone else already said this somewhere: NGX in FSX vs P3D, performancewise in P3D around 10fps less!! Too bad!