Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FSX/P3D AIRCRAFTS: Compatibility Questions and Issues

Hi Ian,I went folder by folder in FSX and moved them folder by folder into P3D. Once that was done, I went into the exterior folders that contain scenery, the XML's and the config files. I've now moved numerous addons, I can now just about do it in my sleep. All I can say is take your time and keep in mind that not everything will work once ported over to P3D.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Apparently Flight 1 have taken a commercial decision to stay out of P3D for the above reason.Whereas others are selling P3D versions or like Orbx Side by Side Licences.Time will tell which strategy works. But all I can say is tha it would take a huge new add-on to force me back to FSX

Thanks Mike: I found that with a publisher starting with C, the installer gave no choice but simply found FSX in the registery and installed there. So I temporarily renamed the Microsoft Flight Simulator by adding an 'a' after the name, creating a new empty folder which I named MSFS (in full), into which I installed the plane, and therefore had the files ready to move. Worked perfectly - except the HDG bug on the A36 will not move on the HSi/ND although the rotary turns. (I'm talking of mouse on screen not external hardware).Would this mean there is something in the roaming files, or those installed with manuals etc on C that I have missed. One little bug makes only this plane unusable.

At the same time I was trying to work out why my Saitek multi-panel wouldn't work in P3. So I took it apart and cleaned it, though it didn't seem to need much, but it still didn't work. Went back through the MSFS exe.xml files and found a Load sequence for the multipanel. Not only does it work in P3 now, I can use the heading knob for the C Bonanza and thus worked around that problem.

Hi Ian Tried your method of renaming the FSX folder but didn't have much luck. I was trying to import the QW757 but it just didn't want to play, it looks like the software is really dedicated to FSX only, at least for the time being anyway. Apart from the PMDG 737X which i havn't tried yet, all my other planes have gone in ok. Maybe in time more developers will support Prepar3D. Regards Shaun

Hi Ian,That's great, glad you got your Saitek problems worked out.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Now I over-reached myself and tried to transfer as much as I could over to P3D. Result a complete stuff-up, so I have uninstalled and just reinstalled - and now finishing a defrag.I can install REX Overdrive, the controls xml, and FSUIPC. I will handle the Carenados the same way as before using a dummy folder.Last time I successfully got the CS 767 to transfer flawlessly. But when I transferred the Airbus X, everything came across except the AFDS (autoflight) system and the CDU do not function or even light up. If you have this plane I would be grateful for your advice. A lot of files, zips, cabs and the like have extremely obscure names and I guess I missed something.Here's to more and more developers putting together P3D installers. Paying a nominal fee for an already purchased item is no worry.

Has anyone been able to use the IFLY 737?I'm having trouble with the Module and Add-On Menu Option.
Make a Modules folder in Prepar3D and copy the iFly737NG.dll from Modules FSX to Prepar3D new made folder.Be sure to copy the DLL.xml file from your FSX installation to the proper (hidden) folder where your Prepar3D.cfg file is.That's all, The iFly works 100% perfect under Prepar3D. Edited by simba_nl

ok, found the link. sorry see next post. somehow duplicated.

Have made a good Shared Cockpit flight with the Maddog in Prepar3D. Have to do further testing but there are NO sync problems we have normally in FSX Multiplayer...The Maddog is using it's own IP to IP connection outside the Multiplayer section but the good news is that we also have flown the iFly 737 within the Multiplayer section over the Internet and ofcourse not all the systems are simulated vice versa but the PF could use al the navigation stuff like LNav and VNav and the PNF plane was following 100% without sync problems and funny behaviour normally occured is FSX Multiplayer..The Maddog NEEDS FSUIPC to operate as Shared Cockpit planeFor using the Multiplayer section for all the other planes, I have to disable FSUIPC because it's causing a App crash (BEX)

I copied all the PMDG files over to P3D. When i try to start the PMDG 747, it says the overhead, etc. cannot find pmdgoptions.dll. I canmnot find where the options file is located...can someone help?

Edited by pride545

Aerosoft DH-2 Beaver - not working Gauges in P3DHi,I copied Aerosoft Beaver over to P3D and detected that three gauges (HSI, Gyro and Vertical Speed Indicator) do not show up. Out of eight .xml gauges (BEAVER.CAB), are five working and three are not. Unfortunately, I am clueless on gauge programming and therefor, I am helpless.Bruno

Edited by LOELI12

I have transferred the iFly 737 without any problems and it runs well in P3, however the Captain Sim 767 which the LM site says does work in P3 is one of those where I am sure part of the gauge.dll or .cab is noit initiating in P3.I am really happy with the iFly because it gives great experience in P3, but I have failed to get the Aerosoft Airbus across which would really make it for me. If someone has, there must be some craftily named files or fonts that I haven't found and transferred even though I have gone through the aircraft.cfg file to see what effects and gauges are called up.Any help would be appreciated.Shaun I have found that many add-ons won't be fooled. I tried a dummy folder and putting a copy of the fsx,exe in that folder and some add-ons told me they couldn't find fsx. In other words their installers have more complicated instructions than I have been able to work around.

Aerosoft DH-2 Beaver - not working Gauges in P3DHi,I copied Aerosoft Beaver over to P3D and detected that three gauges (HSI, Gyro and Vertical Speed Indicator) do not show up. Out of eight .xml gauges (BEAVER.CAB), are five working and three are not. Unfortunately, I am clueless on gauge programming and therefor, I am helpless.Bruno
It happened to me also. I had to delete the beaver from P3D

If I'm not mistaken, the Beaver is an older product from Aerosoft and they may have used default gauges from FSX gauges files rather than creating custom ones. It's possible that the missing gauges are due to P3D, not having all the default aircraft that came with FSX.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0