Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

Overhead panel on a touch screen

Hi everyone, I've seen a cool YouTube video where someone is using 2 monitors one for vc and the other 23" Acer touch screen for the overhead panel.My question will this work in a full mode screen with a single graphic card, and will be a huge hit on fps. I have a 480gtx and my primary monitor is HP 30" 2560x1600.Thanks.

One thing to think about with touch screens, is they dont translate anything but single clicks. So, if you need to right click on a button or switch, or use the mouse wheel etc, then you have issues. Out of curiosity, what's a 23 inch touch screen go for nowadays?

Noah Bryant

My question will this work in a full mode screen with a single graphic card, and will be a huge hit on fps. I have a 480gtx and my primary monitor is HP 30" 2560x1600. Thanks.
I have 23" for VC and another 19"(not a touchscreen) for 2D panels. Not sure if I do something wrong, but I get 20 - 25 frames drop if i move the undocked panels to the second screen. And that is crazy. sad.png Maybe I have to tweak something, not sure...I have ASUS GTX275 graphic card

I have 23" for VC and another 19"(not a touchscreen) for 2D panels. Not sure if I do something wrong, but I get 20 - 25 frames drop if i move the undocked panels to the second screen. And that is crazy. sad.png Maybe I have to tweak something, not sure...I have ASUS GTX275 graphic card
Sounds normal to me, unfortunately.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have always used 3 monitors with 2D panels undocked on two monitors with the VC on my main, then all of a sudden, about a year ago, I started having the problem where my FPS would halve for each new 2D panel I put on the second or third monitor. The only fix I came up with was a reinstall of everything. I tweaked and tweaked for weeks and finally I got fed up and just reloaded FSX and started over. It fixed the issue but was obviously annoying, lol.

Noah Bryant

It can be either full screen or windowed, personally I get better FPS in windowed mode with my current system, but on my old system I had better FPS in full screen. Yes, the re-install solved the problem and I no longer have any FPS hit at all when undocking 2D panels.

Noah Bryant

The only fix I came up with was a reinstall of everything. I tweaked and tweaked for weeks and finally I got fed up and just reloaded FSX and started over. It fixed the issue but was obviously annoying, lol.
But my install is totally fresh. And no loads of sceneries, only 3 addon aircrafts (MD11, NGX and J41). Flying with MD11 and trying to use 2D panels on second screen led to 3 - 5 FPS Rolling%20Eyes.gif Then removing them and it gets back to 30. I have that external limiter for 30.

If you're using an external limiter with a second monitor, double the FPS you want. The limiter may be seeing the FPS on both monitors. So set yours to 60.

Noah Bryant

I can't get to display the overhead in full screen on the other 19" monitor LCD used for testing everything is black, unless I hit Enter and ALT and I get in windowed mode then I can move the overhead to the other panel and the problem of doing so I lose half of the frames in windowed compared to full screen on my pc .....any help would be really appreciated it.

To get the panels working in full screen mode, you must first position them in windowed mode, then switch back to full screen using ALT-Enter, although I dont think that's going to be your FPS problem.

Noah Bryant

Thanks for the help, but I can't the panels to stay up on both monitors after switching from windowed to full screen using ALT- Enter, everything turns black on both monitors.

I got it to work finally once I delete it my CFG file it, but I get to lose some FPS when moving any of the panels to the other monitor about 7-10FPS. Thanks everyone. Evan Banalian.

Thanks for the help, but I can't the panels to stay up on both monitors after switching from windowed to full screen using ALT- Enter, everything turns black on both monitors.
Hello, I have the same issue after positioning unlocked instrument to 2nd sccreen. When I came back to Full ( ALT+Ent ) I see black intruments windows so I'm forced to fly windowed ( I've i2600K + GTX570...It is driving me crazy) ..I'm lfying with PMDG 737/800 and MCP-PRO There are something we are doing wrong... CheersFrancesco
I got it to work finally once I delete it my CFG file it, but I get to lose some FPS when moving any of the panels to the other monitor about 7-10FPS. Thanks everyone. Evan Banalian.
Hi, sorry I didnt see you post... Which CFG are you referring ?So you deleted CFG and when back to full now you instruments are not black anymore? Thanks in advance Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com