Sign in to follow this  
boblj60

to/ga dosn't work anymore. (EDIT - not true, user didn't read manual)

I'm following the tutorl and when I get to press to/ga the Vnav and Lnav lights go out this didn't happen before the hotfix. I wanted to uninstall but got the same thing when I installed again... Also the trim notifer dosn't show up like it use to. My plane worked perfect now I can't fly it. How do I start over?

They remain armed. As always, check your FMA... your lights ain't tellin ya nuttin. Once again: LIGHTS = MODE IS DESELECTABLE. This is most obvious during approach, when the APP light "goes out". Furthermore, your thread title has little to do with its content... Do you have problems with TOGA now or not? When you hit TOGA TOGA pitch mode engages and thrust advances to TO thrust should A/T have been armed beforehand. That's what it should do. In order to do this you need both FDs on as stated in the intro. I have never used the trim popup but it should come up when you check the panel tooltips box in the main FSX settings. wink.pngsig.gifBTW When armed, LNAV engages at 50R while VNAV does so at 400R.

I have a problem with TOGA after I engage it half way down the runway the throttles go from T/O pwr to 40% and I have to intervene to take off. I had this problem before the hot fix and still have it now . This is the only problem I am having with this awesome plane and I think I am doing something wrong some were. Can someone shed some light on this?Thanks

What's your hardware throttle set to when this happens? How exactly do you manually intervene, so where is your throttle BEFORE you think you have to intervene and what do you do about it? sig.gif

I push the throttles to 40% click the TOGA button then it goes to full pwr. Everything is fine until half way through the take off the pwr drops and I have to complete the take off by advancing the throttles.Where my throttles settings are before the toga button is pushed is a very good question. I will check the next flight. That might be it .

Well, you should. 84 knots will trigger THR HOLD, from there on you may adjust thrust as you see fit... So to be sure I throw my throttles to the wall whenever hittin TOGA... sig.gif

Well, you should. 84 knots will trigger THR HOLD, from there on you may adjust thrust as you see fit... So to be sure I throw my throttles to the wall whenever hittin TOGA... sig.gif
Same here and have had no problems this way.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Same here and have had no problems this way.
Here too! Right about v1 power gets reduced dramatically and end up aborting take-off, didn't have it before

I'm 64 and had no problem before. Don't worry I won't post again. Bye I was following the tutoral to the letter just like always. So don't tell me I didn't do it right. I just want to know how to uninstall and reinstall this great plane '

Guys, as mentioned, make sure your hardware throttles are being overridden by the sim. It sounds like the aircraft's logic is kicking in, and telling FS "up to the throttle stops, as calculated," but then your hardware throws a spike, which is it essentially saying to FS "yeah, hey, I'm still here, and I'm at 40%," so the sim gets confused and resets it to the hardware's position. Before writing about an issue, always take a second to think to yourself, "why is it doing this?" Computers are powerful, but they're very dumb. They need constant input from people to continue to process properly. If something isn't working correctly, most of the time, it is the human interaction causing the issue. That isn't always the case, but in my experience teaching computer/network classes, the human is always the weaker link (from grandma to a command line networking nerd, a human is a human). Over the weekend, I got a new gaming rig, so I spent the weekend setting it up. First, when I added my ENBSeries mod, the sim visuals essentially fragmented and went black. Problem? Old drivers. Then, when I started to network my PCs together, the sim would freeze every second (the entire program - not just when flying) for about a quarter second. I checked my changes to make sure they were correct, and I had entered something in the wrong spot, causing SimConnect to continously try to connect to my other PC. Changed two lines, and all was well. If all else fails:Uninstall, re-install. Again, only if all else fails. I see way too much assertion that it's your only option out there. In some cases, yes, but in others, it's a simple check of the registry, or a single line in a file.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm 64 and had no problem before. Don't worry I won't post again. Bye I was following the tutoral to the letter just like always. So don't tell me I didn't do it right. I just want to know how to uninstall and reinstall this great plane
That's really not the attitude to take. We're here to help, but occasionally we need to explain something, and we don't sugar coat said explanations. The first reply has a good bit of information about why what you're seeing is happening. Uninstall/reinstall isn't entirely necessary.

Kyle Rodgers

Here too! Right about v1 power gets reduced dramatically and end up aborting take-off, didn't have it before
(un)Check manual throttle override AT setting in your NGX setup,

Uninstall/reinstall isn't entirely necessary.
Not at all (unless there are other issues that require it). Regarding the original issue, and reinforcing what has been said above, it is CRUCIAL to understand the system basics before operating this plane. Again, THR HOLD kicks in at 84 KIAS which essentially removes servo power on the real deal.We're compromising here (at least the less fortunate that don't have a full blown motorized TQ), as our hardware throttle is not mirrored from what the AT does to the "virtual" controls. So we need to make sure our current hardware config sorta matches what takes place in the sim. And yes, that's our own problem. The add-on won't tell us what to do here. On a related topic, and I believe that's in the intro just as well, is to close throttles before autoland. And that is most likely for the same reason. AT will retard, then disengage two seconds after touchdown. And then what? Still got your thrust levers firewalled from takeoff? Then no wonder you'll be likely to end up in a little "situation" on the runway. It all comes down to "be ahead of your airplane", and even if these issues are directly related to our "problem" of having a hardware world vs. the virtual world, it still remains true. wink.pngsig.gif