Sign in to follow this  
derianc

RC4 or Bae JS4100?

You posted this in the PMDG forum. You should know what answers you going to get. Money%20Eyes.gif EDIT: Do you plan on upgrading that video card to something better then a GT 220?

Danny

But they're 2 completely different things. I hate the FSX default ATC so I went ahead and bought RC4 :) Yeah that's outdated lol.. Getting the GeForce GT 440 :)

Here's an idea for you Derian, why not purchase the JS41 and use VATSIM or IVAO as your choice of ATC? Best of both worlds IMO. The only drawback is that you will not have complete coverage of the entire globe with online ATC all at once so that is the choice you have to make.

\Robert Hamlich/

I already bought RC4. I will be using it for a while to learn and what not since i'd be a bit scared of VATSIM and when i'm comfortable i'll get on VATSIM some time :)

That's great, hope you learn from RC4, VATSIM really isn't that bad. Remember one thing when you do finally decide to fly online that everyone had a first time experience complete with sweaty palms and jittery voice.

\Robert Hamlich/

I already bought RC4. I will be using it for a while to learn and what not since i'd be a bit scared of VATSIM and when i'm comfortable i'll get on VATSIM some time :)
Do a search at Avsim libary "meatwater" and replace the default atc sound files that come with RC4. Well worth the download, and certainly less robotic.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

"At this time, you can give the plane and comms to the co-pilot if you want. Ctrl-Shift-K gives the comms to co-pilot Ctrl-Shift-M gives the plane to the co-pilot." What do they mean by giving controls to the co-pilot? Like do I literally let him fly? RC4 can do this? O_O

Co-pilot control the plane, yes it can. I have not tried it on payware, as I think it would cause a problem, esp if you are using an fmc. As for the comms, most definatley, takes some of the workload off you. Always use cntr-shift-k, let the co-pilot handle the comms. I normaly hand over comms after cleared to taxi.Also, read Paul Denner's thread about setting up ASE (if you use it) and read my post about using RC4 with ASE.RC4 works well networked via widefs, and once you get used to it, it is great.One important thing, always update the database whenever you install/remove addon airports. You need "makerunways" from Pete Dowsons website. Go to his download page and then put it in to your root dir of fsx.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hey Julian, where is your post about using RC4 w/ ASE? Also, it says I already have the makerwys.exe in my main fsx folder.

Derian, just have to pop out, will get more info for you and links etc when I get back in 30 mins or so.

Derian, just have to pop out, will get more info for you and links etc when I get back in 30 mins or so.
Alright, thank you!

The co-pilot can only use the MSFS default AP. So no he can't fly the NGX. But if you're in VNAV,LNAV that's a moot point anyway.

Here is the link for setting up ASE, take note of the post I made regarding removing "USEASEWEATHER=1" from fsuipc.ini.Download the latest makerunways now at version 445.I have some rc4 user changes which I will post shortly.

Here is the link for setting up ASE, take note of the post I made regarding removing "USEASEWEATHER=1" from fsuipc.ini.Download the latest makerunways now at version 445.I have some rc4 user changes which I will post shortly.
Where's the link?And okay, I downloaded the latest makerunways.