Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

AI Aircraft dissapear

Hello everyone. I have FS2004. I found a wonderful scenery for the Flores airport in Guatemala (MGTK) developed by Bob Whitney. The scenery dates to 2004 and I have notr been able to contact its creator. I have been trying to add some AI traffic to this airport and I wasn't able to figure out why the airplanes were not showing up. I used the slew mode to follow a flight from Guatemala City La Aurora airport (MGGT) to the Flores airport and I noticed that as soon as the AI aircraft touched the runway, it kept flying "under" the ground and it dissapeared from view. I also used "flyable" aircraft and I found that they stay normally on the runway, but, not with the AI traffic airplanes. I found the file in Flightsim.com under: "flores.zip".Is there a way to correct this issue?. What can I do to raise the ground and see the AI aircraft?. I noticed the author was able to create the elevated ground where the terminal sits. Could this be the culprit? Thanks for your help.

Bob raised the airport 10m and did so using fs2k2 techniques. Works fine for user aircraft, not so much for AI. AI is using the default airport elevation due to a quirk in the FS AI engine. To fix this you would have to create an AFD file with the correct elevation along with a "stub Afcad" placed in ...\FS9\Scenery\World\scenery. ADE9X is the proper tool for this as it will create the "stub Afcad" for you. If you wish to try it yourself be aware that Bob also moved the airport and changed the ILS and VOR locations. So now there are 2 of each and the default approach will take you to the location of the default airport. I have tweaked this airport and will share the (incomplete) files with you, PM me your e-mail addy. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif