Sign in to follow this  
Zoolander

DigitalThemePark Columbia River GA Flights

Greetings All, For those interested, DigitalThemePark has another PNW set of flights starting. We are following the Columbia River in the Pacific Northwest. Our first flight will be this Thursday. In fact, we are holding this event each Thursday and Sunday. We leave KAST and arrive at KCZK, following the Columbia River of course. 9/29(Thur) 2100Z, 2p PDT/5p EDT.Real time / Real weather / Real Charts. Want to try out that A2A Piper Cub? How about the Real Air Scout? Any GA plane is acceptable. For more details, connect your TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com and someone will be there to introduce you as a DTP citizen. We are gathering in the AoA GA Events channel. Within our TS channel, on the right side, you will find more details of the route(s) and points of interest. I would suggest getting connected early in order to make sure your headset fully works before the actual flight. We like to be prompt and warm up our aircraft right at the designated time. btw: Feel free to connect anytime. There is always something going on.

-Todd

Hey Zoo, Is there anywhere I can go to get a little "education" regarding trying out the multi-player aspect of FSX. I have been a GA sim pilot for awhile now and love that aspect of our hobby but I am not very computer literate and so I have avoided attempting to link up with others. Your invitation has got me to the point where I am willing to give it a go, so to speak. Last night I downloaded and installed fshostclient 1.1 and teamspeak3-client. I did follow your instructions to connect to digitalthemepark early this morning but it was too early to find someone active. Beyond these beginning actions I am stumped. I looked for some sort of a tutorial in that particular FSX forum that might help me to get to know the actions needed to actually fly and speak to others but to no avail. If you will point me in the right direction regarding a suitable place to visit and learn I really would appreciate it. I can follow a "step-by-step" set of instructions pretty well. I just have to find the necessary guidance. Thanks! John BTW - I enjoy Orbix's PNW and I have some sim time on the American Champion Scout so I should be OK in that dept. Unfortunately I work full time and don't have the opportunity to enjoy my hobby until the evening hours or on weekends. I would love to become a member of digitalthemepark, sign-in and just listen and watch you guys for the first few flights, if that is possible. If you believe there is a better way, I'm all ears. My job is such that I don't have the opportunity to get on-line until after 6:30PM EDT and so I won't be able to meet your dead-line this Thurs. Sunday is a different story however.

Hey John! I did the same and joined Zoo's site a couple of weeks ago, and those Thursday/Sunday flights are a lot of fun. I retired last year, and seem to spend half of my life on this beast, so any time you want to spend an hour - not that I'm any kind of "expert", email me (always on - I'll send it via a pm) and we can certainly go for a flight anywhere in the PNW. FSHost is a great little "no-brainer" app - as is TeamSpeak, and the hardest part is "Where the heck am I?" and "Which runway did he say?"..... but Zoo is the man to answer all of your questions and makes one feel fully welcome right from the start. All the best,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hey PJ! By gosh - I'm beginning to believe I should simply put you on "speed dial"! That is - if I could ever figure out how to put anybody on speed dial in the first place! Getting back to Zoo and this business of getting together and heading out someplace. Doesn't that sound like fun? Buddy, that is right up my alley! I'll sit down and fire something off to you just as soon as I can retrieve your address. Zoo sure sounds like a great guy. I has a very inviting way of asking us to join him and his friends. I'll be back to you soon, buddy! Thanks very much for the "come back" ! John

Greetings All, Leg 1 has been completed. A great start to seeing the impressive Columbia River. We all landed at Starks Twin Oaks 73S for a meal, then off again to Cascade Locks KCZK. A good mix of aircraft as well; from Piper Cubs, Scouts, Cessnas Spitfires, and a few PBY's. For those flying into Cascade Locks, it is a short runway. That PBY is heavy and braking power is minimal. You need lots of runway. I am worrying a bit about takeoff on Sunday. We are off again 10/2(Sun) 2100Z, 2p PDT/5p EDTReal Weather / Real Time / Real Charts Leg 2: KAST->KCZK (118.7nm) *** Counts toward the Columbia River "Humpy" Achievement For more details, see the first post to connect to our TeamSpeak server.

-Todd

'Twas a great multiplayer experience, Zoo - particularly the challenge of watching all the aircraft, one after the other - flying under the Lewis & Clarke Bridge at Longview! Of course - the PBY's cheated a bit - but that's ok - the next time we do it we'll enforce the "Amphibious Aircraft must have their Gear Down as they go under bridges" rule....... I didn't count the flyers, but there must have been close to a dozen. Great fun! For the next leg - That Dalles Dam - Dalles - California Hwy Bridge just before the dam looks "interesting", doesn't it? Hmmmm... LMAO.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Greetings All,I beg to differ. :) I got through clean with that PBY beast, but can't speak for the other Cat. Leg 2 has been completed. I worked the PBY and circled as the rest attended to "bridge detail". Everyone seemed to have fun seeing how low they could go. We landed at Arlington 1S8 grass strip. A little hard to find and a rough grass surface. In fact, the PBY got stuck in some mud. Nearby farmers helped us out. Off again to Hermiston Municipal Airport KHRI.We are off again 10/6(Thu) 2100Z, 2p PDT/5p EDTReal Weather / Real Time / Real ChartsLeg 3: KHRI->80T (125.9nm)For more details, see the first post to connect to our TeamSpeak server.

-Todd

Terrific evening, sorry I was late, won't happen again. smile.png I'll be back! Todd, that link is for the leg we've just done. Will there be an update?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Greetings All, Leg 3 has been completed. This part of the Columbia River really starts to flatten out. Goodbye trees, good mountains, goodbye hills. We passed through the tri-cities area. I waved to a few friends of mine in the West Richland area. North of that area was a tremendous amount of what looked like salt deposits. We all wondered what that was. We regrouped at Desert Aire Airport(M94). A small strip for the PBY, but it seemed others did not have any problems. After several dams we made it to Quincy(80T). We are off again 10/9(Sun) 2100Z, 2p PDT/5p EDTReal Weather / Real Time / Real Charts Leg 4: 80T->3W7 (123.0nm) For more details, see the first post to connect to our TeamSpeak server.

-Todd

Greetings All, Leg 4 has been completed. It starts to get really green along the river. This was the best flight yet. Lake Chelan airport(S10) is a wonderful little airport along the river and I suggest flying into it. We regrouped at Anderson Airport(S97) and then off to Grand Coulee Dam. I think everyone made a comment on how big that structure really is. A site to see. We landed for the evening at Grand Coulee Dam Airport(3W7). Although our trip continues next time North into Canada. I want to take a flight down Banks Lake. Lots of interesting rock structures. We are off again 10/13(Thur) 2100Z, 2p PDT/5p EDTReal Weather / Real Time / Real Charts Leg 5: 3W7->CAD4 (111.8nm) For more details, see the first post to connect to our TeamSpeak server.

-Todd

I am gutted! I had to miss this leg. Loads of domestic 'stuff' to take care of. :(

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Greetings All, Well that concludes our Columbia River route. Congrads to the guys that fly all the legs for this achievement. We took off from 3W7 and headed South down Banks Lake and then circled back North just to check the area. Off to CAD4 (Trail). You can really see the scenery change from arid to forest lands. Amazing scenery. Now continue into Canada!

-Todd