Sign in to follow this  
jmbiii

FS9 Goes Unresponsive When Selecting AC

This has been going on for a few months and I am finally getting irritated enough to do something about it. When selecting change aircraft from the drop down menu the display clears and is left with the blue topmost bar showing "Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight" and the next bar down shows the choices "Flights Aircraft World Options etc . . . . . . .". After 15 0r 20 seconds the bars change to gray and flight simulator becomes unresponsive. No amount of mouse clicking or keyboard pounding has any effect. You have to open Task Manager and "End Task" to gain control of the PC. Oh and very occasionally FS will open up the select aircraft window. I've "hangared" my AC, checked config files, have even changed all my AI back and forth from non-selectable to selectable. Nada. This only happens after you are in FS and have been flying for a bit. On initial start up you can select any aircraft with no problem. All of the AC in my aircraft folder show up to select. I have searched the forums for any problems similar and haven't found anything relevant. Does someone have any advice ?

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

jmbiii Are you running FS9 in windowed mode of full screen? There have been a few problems around where people have reported problems with menu bars freezing. You need to be more specific about your system, graphics card and what settings you use for FS9. Some users report problems for example in Win 7 with UAC and problematic dll filles such as uiautomationcore.dll.Do you use trackIR - there are some topics with similar complaints there? I'm surprised you say there's nothing out there with similar problems - a brief glance at Google search using search string: [FS9 menu bar freezes], suggests that you may be advised to look again. No guarantee of success of course. Might be worth searching for those topics if they apply to you. Perhaps of course it just helps to have someone to bounce ideas off - I'm away for few days but back next week, if it helps. Good luck. Regards, Ray

Thanks for the reply. No track IR and full screen. will try google search . . . I had just used search this forum in Avsim. JB

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."