Sign in to follow this  
heydon2008

PMDG 747 400x PROBLEMS AFTER A REINSTALL

h there i recently had to perform a omplete reinstall on my computermy copy of the PMDG 747 400 X has worked on my system before , however when it came to reinstalling this item after system reinstall i get an error message , the message i get can be found in the attached picture file :I am running Windows Xp with Service pack 3Microsoft flight simulator X with accelerationAmd X2 4600+ 2.4 Gig processor3.4 gig ramAti Ah 4650 AGP graphics card<p class="rounded clearfix" id="attach_wrap"> Attached thumbnail(s)

• post-185141-0-68098300-1316527318_thumb.jpg

Turn off user account control in windows, or right click on the installer and say run as administrator.

Definitely a good idea to always from FS-related setup files as admin. EDIT: Quick question just to make sure... You DID run FSX at least once before attempting to install the 744, correct?

First thanks for everyone that replied to my posting, yes i have run flight simulator X before i installed PMDG 747 400 X , also i remember last time i wanted to install the program, i had to completely reinstall windows again , install flight sim X and aceeleration, and beofr ei installed any other aircraft installed the PMDG 747 400 X and it worked, however considering i have already reinstalled do not wish to do this again. I ahve tried running|( as suggested by sheepu) as adminstrator, but since i left password blank on adiministrator pasoword it will not let me do this, and also i have tried to look for user accont control but cannot find this in xp, i also have installed Windows xp service pack 3 , whether this has any bearing on my difficulties i do not know. It is frustrating as i know that there is nothing wrong with the software as it has worked before. if anyone can be of further help please do thanksyou again

The reason you cannot find UAC (user account control) is because you are running XP. The next questions that I would have, is do you have an antivirus software. If so, can you disable it while you attempt to install.

Hi, When you reinstalled FSX did you follow these instructions? http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx Also does FSX run OK without the PMDG add-on installed? RegardsMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I have tried to completely reintsall my computer i still get the same errors Please someone help?