Sign in to follow this  
jkremmel1970

No Reverse on landing

Something going strange with my 737. So, on ground everything is fine with the Reverse Thrust. Hardware and 737 is working fine. In Flight, when I touch down and I kick in the Reverse nothing is working. When the plane is rolling out and the speed is near zero the Reverse kicks in. Any Idea?

Works perfectly on the ground? You mean taxiing? I know you don't mean this, but reversers work only on the ground. How near to zero is the speed when the reversers kick in? You would be bringing throttles to idle at ~60kts anyway. Do you have weight on wheels at the point you are engaging the reversers? (I can't recall if the 737 requires weight on all 3--I confuse that with other A/C.)

Has to be a joystick issue - in FSX if the throttle is commanding even a tiny amount of positive thrust the reversers won't engage. Try setting a deadzone at the bottom end of the stick and see if that helps. You can also try pressing F1 real quick before pressing F2, that should take out any positive thrust that might still be there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I will throw this out there, but it may not be it. I use FSUIPC to map a Saitek joystick key to the decrease throttle command. For whatever reason, this mapping wont work in FS unless I go to the FSUIPC menu, select the "Buttons and Switches tab" and then press okay. If i dont do that, FS will not detect my command to reverse thrust.

Noah Bryant

Has to be a joystick issue - in FSX if the throttle is commanding even a tiny amount of positive thrust the reversers won't engage. Try setting a deadzone at the bottom end of the stick and see if that helps. You can also try pressing F1 real quick before pressing F2, that should take out any positive thrust that might still be there.
That's exactly the problem I experienced. Hence, I assigned a THROTTLE_CUT command to my reverser axis at a small range at the beginning when the reverser is engaged.This way it will first really idle the throttles, and the reversers will kick in with no problem when engaged right after touchdown.

Dave P. Woycek

in FSUIPC Buttons+Switches tab1.aircraft specific, or not your choice2.select for fs control3.we will now set throttle 1, the you can repeat it for the other engines. A-in the upper box choose "Throttle 1 Decr" (when button pressed engine goes reverse mode) B-select the option "Control to repeat while held" (this option is for the reverser to go all the way back) C-in the lower box select "Throttle 1 Cut" (when you pull up the lever the engine will exit the reverse mode)doing these steps you should have a full reverse mode for each engine independent Was advise I received when I had issues and it works great. Don

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

I have a saitek throttle and I sometimes have this issue, the way I fix it is to unplug the usb and then plug it back in and it seems to fix the problem.

I use F2 to activate reverse thrust on touchdown and F1 to deactivate thrust reverse. But the "F lock button" must be "on" otherwise no activation at all. I have used these buttons when doing ground testing on the engines with no problem.