Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Saitek and Wilco Airbus Volume 2

Hey guys, Thanks to a recent thread in this forum I was prompted to re-einstall the Aerosoft Airbus X. With a third-party FBW patch and Lua scripts to get the throttles working with my Saitek hardware, that bus has instantly got an increase in its lifespan on my computer. My question now: is there a similar thing for the Wilco Airbus Volume 2? And then I do not mean a FBW patch. What I would like is something similar to the Airbus X's Lua scripts so that I can control the Wilco Airbusses with the Saitek hardware. The reason I want this, is because I assign my throttle levers via FSUIPC. The Wilco busses sadly want that the levers are set in FSX itself not via FSUIPC. However, defining the levers in FSX sort of defeats the purpose for me using FSUIPC, sicne it's FSUIPC which gives me the versatility that I want... Anybody know of Lua scripts that can do what I want, or know of another way to get the throttles working via FSUIPC?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Guest jahman
...I assign my throttle levers via FSUIPC. The Wilco busses sadly want that the levers are set in FSX itself not via FSUIPC.... Anybody know of ... another way to get the throttles working via FSUIPC?
Under the FSUIPC "Axis Assignment" tab, in the "Type of Action Requested" box, there are three options:1. Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration, vs.2. Send to FS as Normal Axis, vs.3. Send to FSUIPC Offset. Try options 1. or 2. and see if they work for you. For more info see the FSUIPC User Guide, p. 45. Cheers, - jahman.

Is it really that simple? Can't remember it working last time I tried it that way, but I'll try again. Thanks anyway!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Nope, can't get this to work the way you describe, jahman. The Wilco does not want to except the throttle levers. If I use calibration through FSUIPC, the throttles don't work at all, and if I use the send to FS as normal axis thing, then it tries to do some kind of reverser over the entire range of the axis. Also, I can't get the huttons to work. Every time I click the checkbox to make it profile specific, that checkbox is unchecked when I reopen the FSUIPC screen. Must say I'm getting rather agiatted by all of this.

Benjamin van Soldt

Guest jahman

See this FSUIPC Guide by John Cook. Although it was developped specifically for the CH Products hardware line, it deals extensively with calibrating throttle reverser zones. Cheers, - jahman.

I'm going to the FSUIPC support forum. I tried everything, all that wa smentioned on the FSUIPC forums and it still refuses to work. No idea why. Thanks for trying to help, jahman.

Benjamin van Soldt

Issue got fixed! Apparently, I didn't realize that there are two throttle assignments possible via FSUIPC: there is the Throtlle1_set command, and the Axis_throtlle1_set command. I used the former, while I ahd to use the latter. It now work very well.

Benjamin van Soldt

Guest jahman
Issue got fixed! Apparently, I didn't realize that there are two throttle assignments possible via FSUIPC: there is the Throtlle1_set command, and the Axis_throtlle1_set command. I used the former, while I ahd to use the latter. It now work very well.
Yes, there's that other problem. Went through that one as well some time back, alas forgot to mention it. Glad to hear all's well now. Cheers, - jahman.