Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

I keep getting CTDs using the latest hotfix

As someone else said I know the latest hotfix is to be considered as beta and "use at your own risk" so this is in no way meant to be anything else than a report that something just doesn't seem right. I keep getting these errors and even before powering the a/c up from it's cold & dark state but only by panning around for a minute or two sitting at the gate. I think I will re-install the NGX using the latest RTM version and then wait for SP1. Looking in the app log I see this message after every CTD Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x61cd9376Faulting process id: 0x126cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc7d68bb7d34b2Faulting application path: F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 452f2aad-e95c-11e0-8e3c-865a56c13493

Richard Åsberg

Are you starting Flight Sim with your NGX loaded into the default flight? That's what was causing that the error for me. The fix is to save a default aircraft into your default situation. And load the NGX from the Free flight window. I'm hoping their will be a work around so we can go back to loading up from default.

Chris Hicks

Yes, I do start up with the NGX loaded so I'll try what you suggest and will report back.Thanks for the tip!

Richard Åsberg

Richard,Use the trike as your start up aircraft, uses little memory. ( Tip from Tabs)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Richard,Use the trike as your start up aircraft, uses little memory. ( Tip from Tabs)
Thanks, I'll try that!And just to make sure, it's OK to start FSX with the Trike and then change to the NGX at the a/c selection screen before starting the actual flight or should I wait changing to the NGX until I'm actually "inside" FSX?

Richard Åsberg

Richard, start with the trike, then select airport, then NGX, then "Fly Now", never had a CTD starting or exiting.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Ok, thanks!Someone else reported they only have this problem with addon liveries so I wonder if it could in fact be a livery problem?Will do some testing when I get home from work today.

Richard Åsberg

The only way to test is to see if it does CTD with the House Livery

What I know, one always had to start with a simple ac such as Cessna or the like, when using an advanced ac.Why should that be diffr. when using the NGX? (I myself are still waiting for SP1 though , before I will purchase the NGX)So start up FSX with an simple ac, choose airport and gate, then pick the NGX livery./ Leffe

Leffe, because PMDG say to load the NGX in Free Flight screen, not at airport as some do.

Why did they change that behaviour???Worried.gif All other PMDG ac (such as the 747 and MD11 anyway, which I have) thereyou always had to start your FS with an simple ac, pick your airport and gate and first then, choose your advanced ac./ Leffe

Not sure to be honest, can only guess it is way the NGX loads that makes this a requirement.

What I know, one always had to start with a simple ac such as Cessna or the like, when using an advanced ac.Why should that be diffr. when using the NGX?
As Julian said and from the NGX manual.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Julian and Sean!.....Looking forward to SP1, so I also could become airborne for the first time, with this lovely NGX./ Leffe

Get plenty of food in when you get it Leffe, you won't be going out for a while biggrin.png