Sign in to follow this  
mdenadal

Saitek ProFlight panels support....

little confused here can you control the saitek radio with linda now or do i still have to use spad

Yes you can use LINDA 2.6.7 with the Saitek Radio Panel without the need for Spad (Spad must not be running). However, it only works with those aircraft that comply with the standard FSX Interface. Certain aircraft like the Majestic DH8 Q400 do not.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

i got the saitek radio to work the only problem now is i can't get the display to change when i switch from like com1 to nav1

Thanks in advance

Jason

You can even use spad and Linda in parallel. You just have to make sure to avoid double commands sent by each software. For most of the switch panel for instance, i use Linda and its library of FSX function. In this case the equivalent button in spad is programmed as "do nothing".

But Spad has a very useful function for "long button" and can send a different command if you keep a button pressed more than approx .5 sec. I use for instance the long button on my radio panel for the frequency swap button. A short depress swap the frequency and a long depress engage the audio identification for a Nav, Adf frequency or select Com frequency to monitor.

Ex: Nav1 swap button when pressed a long time engage the Nav identification morse code. The combinaison thus become quite natural as often, you want to check the frequency radio signal immediately after swapping the active and standby frequency.

For some airplane like the Duke, the setup is even more complex with spad long button feature sending a virtual button to FSUIPC that then start a short Lua program that handle the radio panel functions.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...