Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

CTD G3D.DLL in NGX workaround (maybe)

I have testet alot of flights with the NGX between LSZH-LOWI and always ends up in a CTD G3D.DLL at OEV16/8500 feet even with the new 1.20 LOWI. My setup is a I7-950@4,2HD5870 1GBSSD win7 64Raptor 300GB FSX driveASUS P6X58D PremiumCorsait H70 cooler Now the big question for me is "why the heck is it in the same spot everytime?" 16 miles to go in clear sky and nothing seems to stress the GPU? Well i dont know the answer to this but i found a workaround without lowering the sliders in FSX. There is a catch and it is lowering or disable your AA. Try this if you get a G3D.DLL in your next situation. I am not a hightech customer but why is this helping and why is it on the same spot everytime ? Thanks /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael, Did you do this?:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Have you seen this post? BUT:beside this, if you have this specific LOWI crash, please update LOWI to the latest version (1.2) where the g3d.dll crash seems to be cured (at least for me)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look guys My first post say i have a ATI card AND 1.20 so did you not read it ? :-) I am not using DX10 offcause /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Michael, ATI card? I went back and still did not see it in your first post.

Best Regards,

Honestly fella's you both did not read Michael's post, anyway, you meant well, but those bl$%^dy g3d.dll errors are a pain in the backside.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian, I have that problem ... speed reading.

Best Regards,

Julian, I have that problem ... speed reading.
I have done it myself, then I disappear for a few days due to the embarrasment :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

oh blush.png yes I have overread that you have LOWI version 1.2 LOD reduced to standard 4.5?

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Michael, ATI card? I went back and still did not see it in your first post.
HD5870 should have given you a clue LOL.gif

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

even with a fresh fsx.cfg and no o/c it will crash at OEV16,5dme/8500 and also without programming the FMC. i have the latest HF4 but the same happens with all the other Hotfixes as well. Now you can do two things, Disable AA works(but looks awfull) or reduce Autogen to Normal (last is not 100% i have had crash with this as well) Now other planes in my setup works just fine. The VAS is about 3.1GB so no problem there /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

HD5870 should have given you a clue LOL.gif
It did not .. and I still do not know what it is ... but I do understand "ATI" (I own NVIDIA).

Best Regards,

It did not .. and I still do not know what it is ... but I do understand "ATI" (I own NVIDIA).
Don't believe it. I have an ATI 5870 for almost 2 years now and it works flawless. Think about what you would have to pay for the graphic hardware if ATI vanishes.

Don't believe it. I have an ATI 5870 for almost 2 years now and it works flawless. Think about what you would have to pay for the graphic hardware if ATI vanishes.
Sorry,I did not say I don't believe it.I said I do not (am not familiar with) know (the model/part number/ID) HD5870.

Best Regards,