Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

FPS Comparison w/ PMDG 747

Hello: Sometime a go, (months, if not a year) I had read on here a post by one of the staff that if you own the PMDG 747 and are happy with the frame rates, the performance of the PMDG737 will be equal to or better than that. While my system is an older system, I do run the PMDG747 very succesfully on it. So, I just wanted to see if that is still an accurate statement before I purchase. My system is: XP SP2Dual Core Processor2 MB RAMGeoforce 1024 MB Video Card Any help would be appriciated. Thanks,Dave

The NGX is smoother than the 744X. No doubt... BUY the thing!

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

NGX also smoother on my system than the 747. I also have an older low end system. I mainly fly in Europe and I have no significant issues with frames, stutters, freezes or anything else (haven´t applied the latest hotfix yet. My FSX settings i set up according to what PMDG advice in the NGX manual. Go buy it if your pc matches the min. specs. It´s worth every penny

For me the 747 runs slightly better than the NGX. The NGX is the most demanding addon from PMDG. They said however, that they will implement a lower resolution VC in service pack 1 that should be out on early October. With your system however, you won´t get a good performance with the NGX, that I can guarantee. You need more RAM, 4 gigs is a must.

The reduced textures should not have any effect on frame rate. Just reduce the memoryload. If they did increase the frame rate, I'd be very surprised.Saying that, I still think they are a good idea though. Will help the ones running 32 bit,and lesser amounts of RAM.

the [;ane is a ust have foryour hanger, best pane on the market.