Sign in to follow this  
furilo

nose down and no acceleration

I have a problem, when the plane reaches 10.000ft. and the nose come down to accelerate to cruise speed,the plane can not accelerate, with the nose 10º down and engines full power does not exceed 270 knots and maintain altitude. can anyone tell me why can it be? Thank you

10,000 feet is pretty damn low down for a cruise altitude for a start, but more importantly, in most places you shouldn't really be doing more than 250 knots at or below 10,000 feet. Since the FMC can be set up to follow restrictions, the FMC could, and most probably is, restricting the speed because of your altitude, but it could also be the outside air temperature in your sim, or possibly the weight/balance causing an issue. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

10,000 feet is pretty damn low down for a cruise altitude for a start, but more importantly, in most places you shouldn't really be doing more than 250 knots at or below 10,000 feet. Since the FMC can be set up to follow restrictions, the FMC could, and most probably is, restricting the speed because of your altitude, but it could also be the outside air temperature in your sim. Al
This issue has plagued me. I use ASE direct wind control. Simply opening the FSUIPC menu fixed the issues. I eventually fixed the issue altogether by reinstalling FSX. OP, you seek support but haven't signed your name.Whistle.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Yup, I'd agree that it is most likely to be a weather issue. Al

Alan Bradbury

Or your cruising at 10,000, straight and level... with the flaps still down, hence the low attitude. Big Grin.gif

He said he was leveling off at 10000ft to accelerate. This could also be a temperature inversion issue. FSInn would do that. What temperature are you getting at 10000ft? Also, I was trying out a small weather program a couple of days ago, and I noticed something interesting. When setting the program to talk to FSX via FSUIPC, the dreaded temperature inversion bug would occur. I was getting +30 degrees Celsius at FL230. But when switching to Simconnect, lo and behold, the problem went away. So, this is not an issue with FSInn weather, it actually is a problem with the way FSUIPC conveys that weather data to FSX.

Cristi Neagu

He said he was leveling off at 10000ft to accelerate.
No, he says that the nose is coming down to let the plane acclerate which is a normal phase of flight in the 737. That's just what it will do when climing through FL100 if you don't have any speed limit at some waypoint after reaching this altitude which might prohibit the accleration. I agree, it has to be the weather. Have you tried doing the same with the option "clear skies" (Or however it's called in the english version of the flightsim)? If not do it. Or what about posting a screenshot of your problem, maybe we can find something you're doing wrong in it.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

He never said he was cruising at 10,000...
He said he was leveling off at 10,000 MSL to accelerate to cruise speed. And...
He said he was leveling off at 10000ft to accelerate.
If he was planning on cruising higher, wouldn't he be accelerating to climb speed, not cruise speed?LOL.gif Anyway, I agree. Probably a weather related issue.

Have you ASE users upgraded to SP3 yet? It seems like I haven't had that problem recently but I'm not sure if that's what has fixed it.. I used to fix it by selecting the clear weather theme to blank the weather file, and reloading ASE. And I have the clear weather theme saved in the default flight so I always start fresh.

Chris Hicks

Have you ASE users upgraded to SP3 yet? It seems like I haven't had that problem recently but I'm not sure if that's what has fixed it.. I used to fix it by selecting the clear weather theme to blank the weather file, and reloading ASE.
Same. I've been using the clear weather trick with Active Sky since the ASV days.

Nope, still on the first version of ASE, the update was so bloody convoluted when I tried it, that I just didn't bother the last time I reinstalled ASE LOL Al

Alan Bradbury