Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Main Entrance Door

Cannot be opened in my sim. Any clues please? All other doors working okay.

Dave Taylor gb.png

The cabin isn't modeled, only the flight deck. If you have a program like ezca you can go to an external view & shift the camera into the cabin they modeled for external views. There's a good example of this in a walkaround video at flyaoamedia.com

This have been disscussed in some other posts here in the forum. Seems to be that u need to have power connected to the plane for the door to open. Be aware that it can take some time after u hit the key before the door starts to move. Regards Johnny Holmgren

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The plane is pressurized. Take a look at the cabin pressure gauge on the overhead, then connect power. You will see the pressure differential drop and then you will be able to open the doors. This happens sometimes with loading up a new plane.

Noah Bryant

Looks like I misunderstood the question on this one...

I think the cabin pressure is saved with the panel info which means that it usually doesn't match the outside pressure. As this scenario would never occur in real life, maybe PMDG have got it on their fix list.

I know this is just a go around solution but it does work until such time it is corrected. When you start up the sim go to Ground Power Options and connect external power. The door will open even if everything is turned off inside the plane. This way you can get the Door open and the Airstair deployed. However this only works one way. If you want to Close the Door and Retract the Airstair at the end of the flight you can power everything down until the last thing to do is flip the battery switch off. Retract the Airstair and Close the door and finally flip the battery switch off.

This have been disscussed in some other posts here in the forum. Seems to be that u need to have power connected to the plane for the door to open. Be aware that it can take some time after u hit the key before the door starts to move. RegardsJohnny Holmgren
Johnny, thankyou, I didn't realise that and yes, I was C&D at the time. I would have thought that this door would be the most important door of all and sure that on the real thing they shouldn't need power on until there's someone on the flight deck via this door?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I think it is something they will fix, maybe in SP1. All the doors should open without power, and the airstair should retract.