Sign in to follow this  
ACA857

Lower DU INOP since HFx

The lower DU has gone blank since I installed the hotfix. Yes, it was working perfectly before the hotfix. Nothing else has changed, using the same panel options as before. Is this something I can 'fix' or is it a 'feature' not to have a lower DU with certain panel options? Please and thanks.

I'm using HF4, and mine works fine. I just fired it up to make double sure.Both the engine and hydraulics pages are working fine.So... Must be some kind of local issue.. I'd probably try a re-install if youcan't get it to come up. Make sure no conflicting HF versions, etc.Should be working.

Yep, that could do it too.. Didn't realize that actually, being as I use the PFD/NDlayout.. But I tried it with the EFIS/MAP type setup which gives side by side gauges,and sure enough, no lower DU displays. No hydraulic page either as they havesome included on the side by side display.

Yep, that could do it too.. Didn't realize that actually, being as I use the PFD/NDlayout.. But I tried it with the EFIS/MAP type setup which gives side by side gauges,and sure enough, no lower DU displays. No hydraulic page either as they havesome included on the side by side display.
If you want the lower DU to work again you will have to get rid of the side by side.

I hardly use that layout myself, even though I'm usually a Southwest buoy.Many or most of those use the EFIS/Map displays.I prefer the PFD/ND layout. So I rarely use the side by side gaugeswhich go with that layout.I had been wondering if Southwest pilots got to choose which theyprefer.. Still not sure.. But.. even though the majority of the SW cockpitsI see on u-toob use the EFIS/MAP, I have seen some that use PFD/ND. And I saw a video of one of their 737NG sims that they run in Dallas.It was running the same exact layout I prefer. Which is the PFD/ND,but with the older analog backup instruments.Also, a video of the NG that flew into Oshkosh this year used thePFD/ND layout.I've been running mine like these.. So maybe they do get to choosewhich they prefer.Oshkosh 737NGhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuF9raCWJkOne of the 737NG sims in Dallashttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3WL278fSk0Both are using my preferred layout. I find the EFIS/MAPtoo cluttered for my tastes. The PFD/ND is easier tosee everything at a glance. Or I think anyway.

Southwest have actually upgraded the entire 737 fleet (including their classics) to PFD/ND. From http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303338304575155813404043090.html

Beginning next year, the rest of Southwest's fleet—older Boeing 737-300s and 737-500s—will get completely new cockpits, basically moving them from analog to digital, from old-style round-dial gauges to modern multi-function displays. Instead of separate instruments to show air speed, altitude, heading, climb or descent rate and flight path, for example, modern cockpits have all that information in one display, making it easier for pilots to see all important data without scanning back and forth to multiple gauges.