Sign in to follow this  
skusememiss

Same Gauges in 2d panel and Virtual Cockpit

So im using a combo panel i put together myself. But the reason for this post is a problem im encountering. The PFD, ND, ECAM, Lower ECAM, FMC are from vasFMC. These are integrated into the Project Airbus A380 without VC model. They worked fine with this model type. However with the release of the Project AIrbus A380 VC model i added my 2d panel with the VC cockpit (Which uses vasFMC gauges). There lies the problem, here is the excerpt of what the problem is. it maybe unclear, so please feel free to ask for clarifications!http://forum.vas-pro...pic.php?id=1406 But yes, if that link does not work here is the excerpt Hey all, First thing foremost, Downloaded the new gauge set from the project area that Alex posted, yea still no success, fuel init B problem. But thats the reason i came here. With the release of the Project airbus a380 virtual cockpit, they offered their own gauge set or vasFMC bundled. Since i already use vasfmc for my 2d, wanted to use vasfmc with the virtual. Problem is, the idea of running duplicates of each other. Like when i turn on apu and bat in the 2d panel, i get all the screens (PFD, ND, FMC, ECAM and LECAM) However the response times are slow (which could be contributed to my pc. However if i switch from the 2d to 3d, my 3d gauges such as the PFD or the ND might not show and the ECAM and LECAM will show. If i cycle by pressing (s) between views, after maybe a good 5 times everything will show up, but as soon I cycle again, i get the same issue with some screen showing a black gauge, but the popup still works. THe black gauge issue is not biased towards the 2d panel or the 3d cockpit. SOO with that in mind, I was wondering if vasFMC has a limitation of the number of screens that it will show on any aircraft. Since I have 3 replicates of the PFD, ND, and FMC (2 in the vc 1 in the 2d panel) and 2 replicates of the ECAM and LECAM, and the system response is slow, but in addition the problem that im facing with blanking out screens.Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thxs.Im still trying to figure it out, and If i run say, two gauge sets, where one gauge set is Vas, and then the other is just some 2d panel with its own gauges the problem is fixed, where all vasfmc gauges in the virtual cockpit are responding. Just to clarify with the authors, does this mean, VasFMC is limited to two FMCs, ND, PFD, and one ECAM and LECAM? Finally, I looked up the forums for similar issueshttp://forum.avsim.n...t-and-2d-panel/ Seems like a similar situation, but unclear. Thanks Skusememiss

Did you add 'VC' as the 5th parameter in the VC, as they suggested on the vasFMC forum ?Regards.Ernie.
Can you please elaborate on this ? How do you add " 'VC' as the 5th parameter in the VC, as they suggested on the vasFMC forum ?Thanks

gaugeXX=NameOfGauge!NameOfSubgauge, x,y,w,h,VC

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

gaugeXX=NameOfGauge!NameOfSubgauge, x,y,w,h,VC
OK.But. There are lots of gauges and sub gauges in my 4 VC sections. Do I have to add VC to all the them lines gaugeXX lines ? Btw, I'm trying to integrate the vas fmc stand alone gauges in my vc and I get see through/black screens.ThanksVic

Vic, I have no idea whatever, since I don't have the product myself. I only know what you were asking. Presumably there are instructions somewhere, or at the very least all those guages that come with that vasFMC.In any case, if you did add that to a gauge that doesn't need it, it wouldn't harm anything, since the gauge code has to be present in the gauge to read the "5th parameter," otherwise it's simply ignored... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator