Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Only for people with Micro Freezes

Short Freeze and Resume  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If you disable FSUIPC Autosave does the problem go away?

• Yes
    • No

This is only for people that have a few second delay freeze at various points in a flight but it always resumes after a couple seconds. If you have a Freeze and a Crash then this Poll does not cover that.

Hotfix 4 is massively worse than the previous one, I now get about a 5 second freeze, with the previous hotfix it was barely noticeable. But yes turning off autosave will stop the freeze, the thing is the NGX and FSX are not stable enough to not use autosave, if I switched it off completely I'd hardly ever finish a flight in the NGX. I just have it save a flight every 10 minutes now instead.

Cheers, Andy.

No more micro-freezes after FSUIPC autosave deactivation !

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

This is exactly what I've been having. It's not really a problem to me, but just quirk. it doesn't impact any game play luckily. I will go home and see if turning the Autosave off helps.

Hello,i keep reading about FSUIPC,what is it and what does it do?,also if i do have it where will it reside? my fsx seems to run very very well and my NGX. is that because this FSUIPC would of been down loaded with aircraft or add ons or i have not got it and dont need it.? many thanks as alwaysjames.

If you don't know what it is then you certainly wont have the paid for version which is the only version that could possibly cause you an issue with the NGX as Autosave does not function in the free version. If you really want to find out what FSUIPC is and does, Google will be your friend.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy Nice to meet you,if my system and NGX is running near perfect,ie 30fps in the VC and smooth( i followed the PMDG instuctions external limiter and the ******* tweak to my CFG)so what would i gain by having FSUIPC and do i need it?, I have just read about it but dont understand it stil.thanksjames.

There not an option on the Vote to say you have it and use it, but dont get the microstutters.... If there was then thats what I would click...but then maybe its because its saving the files to a SSD?

Sounds to me like you don't need it then mate.
Andy, why do they sell it? and who is it for then? james news at ten confused ?....

Sorry James I haven't got the time or patience at the moment to explain to you what FSUIPC is, please download the documentation which comes with the free version installer to learn what FSUIPC is. Either that or you could search AVSIM or read the FSUIPC support forum here http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/ . I don't think this thread is the place to ask the question though.Back on topic, it's got nothing to do with you using SSDs I've got three of the puppies in my PC and as I said previously hot fix 3 hardly paused at all maybe less than a 10th of a second. This latest hotfix4 causes at least a 5 second pause. I suppose FSUIPC version numbers maybe playing a part here, I am currently using version 4.728a

Cheers, Andy.

I think I may, just may have sussed out what has brought the long freezes back on my PC, its not the hotfix or FSUIPC itself, I think its Microsoft Security Essentials. I recently reinstalled it after previously testing McAfee (horrible crap) and forgot to setup my exceptions again after the reinstall of MSE, I just quickly excluded the whole drive with FS on it and touch wood so far no more freezes. I'll report back if the situation changes.

Cheers, Andy.

Sounds that way....I have FSX running from its own version of windows 7 both on two seperate SSD drives - and thus I have no virus software running on either. I dont use the internet or anything from this PC, just boot up into my default Windows setup for that, or use the other PC thats running also next to my FSX pc for when I need to download stuff etc, all of those contain Firewall and virus software. Whatever software you have (mcafee is terrible) they will all have some impact on load/save times unless you highly tweak them(where you can) to not scan files when using FSX. If you have the ability to do it, Id highly recommend having a similar setup so that you dont have software interfeering with your FSX - after all its also using up valuable memory and CPU resources.

The multiple short freezes & resume I'm experiencing since the very beginning (FSUIPC Autosave enabled) last from approx 2/3 secs at the least up to 10/12 secs at the most, and they are total freezes I mean FSX stops running and Track IR5 as well. Quoting Paul Gollnick/Manager Customer Support PMDG answering my FSUIPC Autosave feature related ticket : "As outlined in the Introduction section of the manual, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND AGAINST USING FSUIPC AUTOSAVE features. The features has been known to cause both crashes and freezes with the NGX and it should be disabled whenever you use the 737NGX" "Upon further review it does appear that you are correct. It was somehow not put into the manual. The Autosave function of FSUIPC simply does not work properly with the PMDG 737NGX. If you want to save a particular flight status, please use the FSX Flight Save function or the PMDG Panel state save if you only want a specific panel set up saved" "Since we no longer use FSUIPC in our products..." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 737NGX Intro manual pages 20&21 "The PMDG 737NGX is fully compatible with FSUIPC except that... We continue to explore ways to make the PMDG 737NGX interact more smoothly with FSUIPC and we’ll make those changes available as they are finalized. Both FSUIPC and the PMDG 737NGX are trying to accomplish the same goals and following the above recommendations should keep you out of trouble" Quoting Pete Dowson answering my question posted some time ago on FSUIPC forum "FSUIPC's Autosave simply calls the FS routines to save the flights -- exactly the same as you doing it from the FS menu or using the ; shortcut. The only difference is the automatic naming" Tout ça est bien contradictoire. Comprenne qui pourra...