Sign in to follow this  
flyboycjs

Broadband usage program

Hi guys & girls, Could some one give me a heads up on a good FREE broadband usage program to monitor how much is being used over a month period. Thanks in advance.

I am with Cogeco.ca (Canada) and I can go to my account and check my usage when ever I want. Can you not get that sort of info from your ISP in New Zealand Craig? John

Yes I can but I want to monitor for myself. I recently increased my amount and that also seems to get eaten up even though my usage I think is the same.

Hey flyboycjs, have you looked at TUC ?It gives you a running total, estimated usage based on what you've used so far and where you would stand at the end of the month.I use it for my Telstra cable connection - www.tuc.co.nz. Highly recommend it, I am not sure if it works for all NZ ISPs, but certainly good for the significant players we have...Not sure if its what you would want for -auditing?- but it does strike your FREE tick box :)

Louise

London, UK

I use a little freeware app called networx, which has a "custom" view where you can insert dates, for example my bandwidth allotment refreshes on the 12th of the month so i can use "custom" to show exactly how much I've used between 8/12 and 9/12 (too much). It also has a speed meter so you can monitor the transfer rate. Networx has to run at Windows startup obviously to keep a running total, but I haven't seen any undesireable effects (like spam). It's a great little app, definitely a keeper in my opinion. http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/ Jim