Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Latest FSBreak has an excellent discussion about the prospects of Flight...

A must listen for everyone. MS Flight Discussion starts around 17:00 http://www.fsbreak.net/

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The discussion about the possibility of an APP STORE for Flight and its add ons is very interesting. It dovetails in with the possibility that Flight may be out of the box, just a localized SIM, say Hawaii. Then you would buy other sceneries directly from MS. Possibly regionally? Is this beginning to sound a bit like cloud computing really... where everything is actually stored on an MS server except the core FS engine? Then you would return to that APP STORE to buy your add on's as well... this could very well be what has developers bent out of shape...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I could have done without listening to the best part of fifteen minutes of them talking about completely non-related Apple Phones and other toys when they are supposed to be discussing flight sims, but when they finally got into it, then there were a lot of fair points that were made. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yep, the show is a little too much like a phone conversation between friends, but hey, I applaud the effort. Not many great flight sim blogs and news sites out there.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Is this beginning to sound a bit like cloud computing really... where everything is actually stored on an MS server except the core FS engine?
Except that MS has already said you wont need to be connected to play and internet bandwidth is not up to the job everywhere yet (Australia for example) so I guess we can leave that one alone.

I like the show too, but It would be nice to have some "normal" simmers as guests for a change from the two AOA guys. As pleasant as they are, they're busy guys and don't seem to have much time for actual simming and sometimes come across as being out of touch. I'm sure there are quite a few experienced and not so experienced simmers on these forums who could contribute to the show, and give balanced (and not so balanced) points of view on various simming actualities. One guy they used to have on was a very good contributor (Mark Stewart I think it was).

I could have done without listening to the best part of fifteen minutes of them talking about completely non-related Apple Phones and other toys when they are supposed to be discussing flight sims, but when they finally got into it, then there were a lot of fair points that were made. Al
You can start from wherever you want by dragging the position marker at the bottom.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Oh yeah, I do that for sure, but even when doing that you kind of have to keep dropping back in to ensure you've not skipped anything of interest, which means they really need to tighten up on editorial content a bit so that kind of thing is not necessary. Even so, it's a lot better than that 'ten minute taxi' programme where doing that is concerned, which is choppy as hell even if you leave it running and don't mess with the play head at all. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

i hated .. just rambling to me.
Same here. I started at the 17:00 mark and listened for about :30 seconds and shut it off.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So is pointless speculation suddenly acceptable if its put in podcast form?

MS Flight might make a nice present for 6 year olds under the tree at christmas !!I don't think it's going to be advanced enough for kids older than that. At least they can still buy a REAL sim........................FSX.
I am curious as to what you basing your statements off of? How is FSX a REAL sim? It comes nowhere close to what real flying is like. For me personally, If I went out building time in the real world, I can't justify getting on FSX the same day I went flying in the real world. Its so ar from reality I can't handle it sometimes. Ignorance is bliss......

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

MS Flight might make a nice present for 6 year olds under the tree at christmas !!I don't think it's going to be advanced enough for kids older than that. At least they can still buy a REAL sim........................FSX.
They (MS) have already stated they are not dumbing it down or making an arcade game. A little too early to be making conclusive statements to the contrary.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.