Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30SEP11: More SP1 & 600/700 Schedule Changes...

Hmmm, are there any other news Paul?Because I'm referring to Roberts first post in this topic:

Lets get the bad news out of the way first: We are delaying the SP1 release and the 600/700 release for AT LEAST one week, possibly as many as two.

For what its worth, Im still running on the stock version (no hotifxes).Considering the complexity of this software, this is the most stable Add-on I've had from the off.What PMDG produced is amazing. Im in no rush for SP1 but realise it will only enhance my experience once released.I truly believe that if most people who had issues, re-installed FSX and actively looked into how to keep it clean and nurture it would maybe have a more enjoyable outcome...

Sure, as it was the last time. People was waiting and they were for sure already delayed for two weeks and what, they hoped to get all that job done in couple of hours? Do you believe there was even a small hope for releasing SP in time that day? Don't think so... So why should they post update this time? :)I would prefer honest 'this takes more time than we initially thought' than keeping hope alive and then 'sorry guys, it is not our fault'. But i understand them pretty well. Let's don't forget that we are talking (even those who speak of their maturity) about the toy and how we are waiting for it.... PMDG is focused on business, not on some bunch of guys who already paid their money, btw.
Pilots, While I do agree with some of what the poster has commented on, I do not agree with some of it. PMDG is a company. Traditionally, and correct me if I am wrong here; companies are in business for 1 thing and 1 thing only...to make money! PMDG does an over the top, out of this world, cutting edge job on their aircraft, especially this NGX. The NGX will now serve as the new benchmark in FSX aircraft. However, there is one thing that PMDG does VERY poorly and that is PR. A simple 2 line note on this forum would have sufficed. I fully understand the flexibility and fluidness of timelines as this is not my 1st trip to the rodeo but I also understand the need to communicate with my customers as that is why we, but in this case, they; are in business. Without us, there would be no people to buy their fabulous products; hence no PMDG. Lets face it, they make an incredible product; no one can fault them for that. They really need to improve on the customer communication piece though. Enjoy you weekend everyone.

They give updates when they can and if they are needed.Most developers don't give estimates because the whiners come out of the woodwork demanding the product because the estimated date has arrived or the date seems to far away for them. It works awesome for me. Patiently waiting for the 600/700. BTW , the whiners are way fewer than happy customers. Happy customers are busy flying it instead of complaining. I don't mean to sound harsh. There are some out there having troubles and that stinks but PMDG is working on it for them.

Richie Walsh

So I don't think anyone here is questioning the quality of PMDG's aircraft. Obviously the NGX is the best aircraft ever made. That goes without saying. However, like people have also said, it's pretty bad when we are told certain timelines and then left hanging til the last minute or even past on those timelines. No update whatsoever! That's pretty bad! I understand things don't go as planned. I think everyone here understands that. I also don't think of myself as whining here. I'm ok if I can't have my "toy" today. But, what is not good about this though and I think ultimately what most people are "whining" about is the timelines that are given with no update on any progress to hit those timelines until the promised time has come and in some cases, gone. I think PMDG's next update needs to say something like this: "We will have 600/700 and SP1 ready when it's ready" (they've said this before) and that's it. No more we think "in a week", "two at most", "shortly", "soon", anything that hints to any sort of timeline that anyone can try to develop an image in their minds as to when they will have it in their hands. This really is crazy to be told two weeks ago(Sept 30) that we would have SP1 in one week, two at most and the 600/700 shortly there after. We are at "two weeks at most" now and still not even the slightest hint as to anything that's been going on has been said. If at the beginning of this week it didn't look good for release this weekend. Just say that. Extend the timeline before the "deadline" approaches. Don't keep everyone hanging with time to post these type postings. Just tell us what's going on more often or come flat out and say no more updates. It will be done when it's done and stop asking. I know they are busy trying to get it to us. But, seriously, how long does it really take to post an update here? So, just keep us updated so we aren't sitting here wondering if this is the weekend we finally get this or that. Or, tell us once and for all that there will be no more updates. Don't leave us hanging. That's my complaint!!! We all would understand things a lot more if we were just kept in the loop a little better. This way of doing things is just plain wrong and frustrating for everyone - us and PMDG I'm sure.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

However, there is one thing that PMDG does VERY poorly and that is PR. A simple 2 line note on this forum would have sufficed. I fully understand the flexibility and fluidness of timelines as this is not my 1st trip to the rodeo but I also understand the need to communicate with my customers as that is why we, but in this case, they; are in business. Without us, there would be no people to buy their fabulous products; hence no PMDG.
Frankly, no matter what they do, they're pretty-much guaranteed a certain segment of the community will gnash their teeth and whine. That being the case, I can somewhat understand why they might be hesitant to post minor updates like this that are just stoking the fire. They've posted once already when they expected SP1 to be available, and given we're reaching the end of that window, I'm sure it'll be available reasonably soon. I'm equally sure those doing the moaning have absolutely no idea of the work or challenges involved, and the many reasons an unanticipated delay could arise. Most likely, even were they informed of the reasons, they wouldn't care.

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

Just%20Kidding.gif
Ed van de Vijver: Reading and following this topic here in Holland, a lot of you guys keep amazing me. Whining and nagging like little children. Impatient to get the things someone promised them. Putting the pressure on PMDG, almost like blackmailing them with their reputation! This is such an immature and unreasonable beheavior. It proves that you don't have a clou how complex and great this product is. If you don't have the patience, go to Ariane en buy that so called high quality plane. IMHO I think PMDG have the best FSX addon planes overall, with the new 737NGX as a new higher standard, nobody matches at this moment, not even close! I fly this beauty with HF4. I'm happy and Im very proud I own one!
What is a clou? Just%20Kidding.gif

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hint !!...........................Sherlock Holmes.LOL.gif
Gosh.............Silly me!! Of course it's clue......................

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

What is a clou?
A French word before it was mangled by English spelling. :(

So I don't think anyone here is questioning the quality of PMDG's aircraft. Obviously the NGX is the best aircraft ever made. That goes without saying. However, like people have also said, it's pretty bad when we are told certain timelines and then left hanging til the last minute or even past on those timelines. No update whatsoever! That's pretty bad! I understand things don't go as planned. I think everyone here understands that. I also don't think of myself as whining here. I'm ok if I can't have my "toy" today. But, what is not good about this though and I think ultimately what most people are "whining" about is the timelines that are given with no update on any progress to hit those timelines until the promised time has come and in some cases, gone. I think PMDG's next update needs to say something like this: "We will have 600/700 and SP1 ready when it's ready" (they've said this before) and that's it. No more we think "in a week", "two at most", "shortly", "soon", anything that hints to any sort of timeline that anyone can try to develop an image in their minds as to when they will have it in their hands. This really is crazy to be told two weeks ago(Sept 30) that we would have SP1 in one week, two at most and the 600/700 shortly there after. We are at "two weeks at most" now and still not even the slightest hint as to anything that's been going on has been said. If at the beginning of this week it didn't look good for release this weekend. Just say that. Extend the timeline before the "deadline" approaches. Don't keep everyone hanging with time to post these type postings. Just tell us what's going on more often or come flat out and say no more updates. It will be done when it's done and stop asking. I know they are busy trying to get it to us. But, seriously, how long does it really take to post an update here? So, just keep us updated so we aren't sitting here wondering if this is the weekend we finally get this or that. Or, tell us once and for all that there will be no more updates. Don't leave us hanging. That's my complaint!!! We all would understand things a lot more if we were just kept in the loop a little better. This way of doing things is just plain wrong and frustrating for everyone - us and PMDG I'm sure.
That´s completely right. Any kind of update would be nice and it really isn´t that hard to do.

Common relax guys, and forget about this sp1. They are busy working on it so let them do their thing. Im confident, they will announce some good news soon. cheers Kaman BA

Fact: Impatience is one of the characteristics of the internet generation. "I want it NOW" is the sign of the time.Fact: The PMDG NGX is by far the greatest addon ever released in flight simulation.Fact: PMDG is a rock solid developper with very good support. Just my 2cents jos denisEBBR