I will like any one advice on type of gear to use to make a good fsx computer.and also wath is recomended for a good video card.I dont like to OC but I like to have the ability to doso if is requierd.and all in the range of $2500.00.any help will be appreciated. ps; the only program in these new computer will be fsx.

Fernando A. Maldonado

A bit of time on newegg and I came up with this: Cooler Master HAF XWD Caviar Black 1TBOCZ Agility 3 240GBCorsair AX750 Gold PSUCorsair H80Intel i7 2600kGA-Z68X-UD48GB G.Skill 2133 CL9 DDR3EVGA GTX 580 SuperclockedASUS Blu Ray BurnerASUS VS248HWindows 7 HP 64bit Total=$2505 I decided to max the budget out but you could easily save. First saving I would make would be to swap the 2600k for a 2500k. Next would be to swap the blu ray drive for a dvd drive but I think what you have above would be very good. Obviously there were some brand preferences there. Some may say get an ASUS board (I said the Gigabyte board because I have been reading a lot about the dual boot thing), others may say you should get a Corsair case or maybe even Antec but, the final decision is up to you so take a look around and find out whats best for you. Hope this helps,

Everbody has there own brands and opinions which is why I respond to very few of these types of posts. Not disagreeing with Drew, but I have a different perspective. HAF x is an expensive case, I rather spend the money on something that is going to improve performance. The HAF 932 is all the case anybody will ever need and very well ventalated. 2133MHz memory will not offer a performance to cost payback I would suggest 1600Mhz these http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820231459 I am not a water fan and would prefer this http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835242001 and this SSD http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820167062 to ake advantage of SRT only. Everything else Drew said. just my 2-cents.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I would have to agree with the first two statements Gary, but since the budget was there, I decided to stretch it out.

There seem to be bugs on the Sandforce controller on the OCZ SSDs. I would hold off on an SF SSD for a while. Luckily, mine only BSODs about once a week so I am not panicked yet. scott s..

I have heard about problems with OCZ but I guess who are the other options. Kingston maybe. I wouldn't be going with Corsair atm and Intel seem to be a rip off.