Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

Had My First Freeze...

I had my first freeze on a flight from EWR to BOS. Never had one before this latest service pack. Having more CTDs too. I can only imagine how complex it must be for PMDG to sort all of this stuff out and I am confident that they will. Though this is frustrating for me it's probably more frustrating for them. I'm glad they've delayed the SP so that they get it right. I just hope it works for me.

Steve Giblin

Was it a complete fsx freeze or just the panels?Did you change any settings or install anything shortly before it started occurring?Edit: on the ctd's, check your event viewer & see what's causing it to crash. Could be an easy fix.

I had my first freeze on a flight from EWR to BOS. Never had one before this latest service pack. Having more CTDs too. I can only imagine how complex it must be for PMDG to sort all of this stuff out and I am confident that they will. Though this is frustrating for me it's probably more frustrating for them. I'm glad they've delayed the SP so that they get it right. I just hope it works for me.
The only time I have had a panel freeze and CTD during a flight was when I decided to reintroduce UTX Europe in to the sim. I guess this was too much in terms of resources and FSX/NGX couldn't cope. Since taking UTX out of the equation all has been well. BTW, I'm still using the first release version as this is not problematic on my system...I am also reluctant to install SP1 as it might open up a can of worms and I like to follow the ' if it ain't broke......' rule.

The only time I have had a panel freeze and CTD during a flight was when I decided to reintroduce UTX Europe in to the sim. I guess this was too much in terms of resources and FSX/NGX couldn't cope. Since taking UTX out of the equation all has been well. BTW, I'm still using the first release version as this is not problematic on my system...I am also reluctant to install SP1 as it might open up a can of worms and I like to follow the ' if it ain't broke......' rule.
I was like you hadnt had any problems at all except for the 1 freeze since the ngx first came out hadnt installed no hotfixes at all. Than decided to install the latest vesrsion of hotfix4, so i can be up to date for sp1 etc, and so far everything is running perfectly as advertised. Plus also it fixed some of the bugs that were mention as per previous thread on the fixes of hotfix4

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I had one CTD when I first flew the NGX (without any Hotfixes), but haven´t had any since installing the hotfixes as they where released. I tested the NGX with HF 4 the other day on a 4 hour trip from Copenhagen (EKCH) - Mallorca (LEPA), no problems at all.

Chris,One of the reasons I think everybody should install the hotfixes, is so the Dev's know that what should be included in the SP. Example, I might get an error that you might not, and vice versa, so my point is, the more that install the hotfixes the better. probably academic now, as we are so close to recieving the SP, but I think you get my drift. It will be a pity to not use UTX that you paid good money for. The latest hotfix really smooths things out, does not increase frame rate, but has stopped the jolly spiking. SP1 will be very beneficial to you I am sure, as you will be able to reduce the memory load on the NGX and once again be able to enjoy UTX once again

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

One of the reasons I think everybody should install the hotfixes, is so the Dev's know that what should be included in the SP. Example, I might get an error that you might not, and vice versa, so my point is, the more that install the hotfixes the better. probably academic now, as we are so close to recieving the SP, but I think you get my drift.
Exactly. When you skip the hotfixes and just wait for SP1 you might run into yet undiscovered problems with SP1 that could have been caught much sooner had you used the hotfixes.