Sign in to follow this  
Janus 05

MD 11X Flightplanning

I installed the software MD11X not long ago and my "teething" problems are :[1] when i create a flightplan MANUALLY, i don't see any intermediate waypoints on the FMC or ND[2] when i click "insert" after selecting/inputting approach data, my screen freezes and a Microsoft error report {that i have the option to "send" or "do not send"} is generated Any pointers or solution will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

I installed the software MD11X not long ago and my "teething" problems are :[1] when i create a flightplan MANUALLY, i don't see any intermediate waypoints on the FMC or ND[2] when i click "insert" after selecting/inputting approach data, my screen freezes and a Microsoft error report {that i have the option to "send" or "do not send"} is generated Any pointers or solution will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
I too was told that it was simple matter of creating a flightplan using the in-built FSX route planner,and there is actually a YouTube video showing this being done but what that YouTube video fails to tell the watcher that it is an FS2004 MD-11 that is being programmed for a flight using the inherent FS flight planner. Trying this in an FSX MD-11 by inserting such an FS-created flight plan in the From/To(RHS) results in a total lock-up. So, you too maybe experiencing the same scenario when you are trying to insert a SID departure or a STAR approach. So far I have not found an answer to this issue, hence continue to create flightplans using my Flightsim Commander v.9, and then exporting them to the MD-11's FMS,where it then performs ok.

There was a problem with Navigation keeping track with the PMDG MD-11 and 747-400, which was caused by a error in the registry path of FSX. To fix it you need to use the Flight1 registry repair utility found in the download section of their website (It's free). What you describe is a little different, but it is within the NAV system, so it may be related.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

There was a problem with Navigation keeping track with the PMDG MD-11 and 747-400, which was caused by a error in the registry path of FSX. To fix it you need to use the Flight1 registry repair utility found in the download section of their website (It's free). What you describe is a little different, but it is within the NAV system, so it may be related.
Thanks for that HU. Will try that.

Tried that FSX Registry Fix----sadly it does not do the job,Still get a total lock-up when trying to use the From/To fields on the right-hand side