Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3D: TWEAKS & OPTIMIZATION

Folks, It looks like these stickies are working quite fine.Let's use this one for all tweaks, "how to", warnings and so on for those who are discovering P3D.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

just a quick note: Bojote's tweaks work fine with Prepar3d....

Hi, So the following tweaks are working in P3D?. 1. Bufferpools2. Jobscheduler3.Himemfix Also, are they still needed with P3D?.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi, So the following tweaks are working in P3D?. 1. Bufferpools2. Jobscheduler3.Himemfix Also, are they still needed with P3D?.
I simply used the ******* Altuve online tweak tool...I am not exactly sure what entries it puts into the CFG but I would assume that the same entries that work in FSX WILL work in P3D. Hope that helps smile.png

I dont use any tweaks in the cfg, and everything runs very well, if i want to tweak i just fire up FSX. If you have reasonable good hardware you sholdnt need to tweak anything, those days are over, some just love to tweak, even if it isnt needed.

I dont use any tweaks in the cfg, and everything runs very well, if i want to tweak i just fire up FSX. If you have reasonable good hardware you sholdnt need to tweak anything, those days are over, some just love to tweak, even if it isnt needed.
I'll second that...

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I'll second that...
I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider).I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

I'll third that. P3D v1.2 requires no tweaking, unless you want crisper textures towards the horizon in which case you set the LOD Radius to 6.5 or higher (which unlike FSX, does not get reset back to the default value of 4.5 each time you adjust a slider). I don't tweak FSX at all, and P3D is no different - apart from the bonus of LOD Radius now working :)
How do I use this tweak?

If my memory serves me well, the "LOD_Radius=4.500000" item is in the [TERRAIN] section of your p3d .cfg file. Just change the 4 into a 6, save and exit. Not sure if I have the right number of ZEROs here, but don't change yours. Leave them as is.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

And for less of a performance impact, set to 5.5 (still looks very realistic)

Bert

FPS Limiter also works fine with Prepar3D.I found using it gave me very smooth graphics, even in higher autogen density area's. Since Prepar3D is also still a 32bit application, I find the more processes I can run outside of it, the better. The frame limiter seems to be one of them as well.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Does the enbseries work with Prepar3D?Thanks
ENB makes problems with FSX for many. In P3D it should also work or make the same problems. I recommend you get rid of it completely and look into Shade.

ENB makes problems with FSX for many. In P3D it should also work or make the same problems. I recommend you get rid of it completely and look into Shade.
Roger that.I've always had problems with it but can't seem to leave it in the garbage can... I recently tried it out again using the REX version by Tim. Makes for nice night flying but alas... same ctd problems. Oh well, I was just curious.