Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Panel Ident Question

I had a FSX panel with a window that had a panel ident of 15123. I also had an icon to turn on/off the panel window set to an ident of 15123. I could toggle the panel window on but could not turn it off by the toggle icon or by using the Views/Instrument Panel dropdown. I finally changed the ident in the window and my toggle to 12100. It works fine now both ways. My question is why this happened? What values of ident can be used OK? Thanks, Bob.

Its odd that it worked.I have the ident number in both the icon xml and in the instrument xml if a close is required. It is usual to see a note , stating DO NOT change the ident number. CheersKarol

Bob, It is possible to send Open and Close commands with gauge code. There may be a gauge on the panel that keeps window 15123 visible once the user has opened it. Doug

Its odd that it worked.I have the ident number in both the icon xml and in the instrument xml if a close is required. It is usual to see a note , stating DO NOT change the ident number. CheersKarol
Hi Karol. Thanks for the reply. I had the 15123 in both the icon xml and the window ident. I have no idea why the 15123 did not work. Regards, Bob.
Bob, It is possible to send Open and Close commands with gauge code. There may be a gauge on the panel that keeps window 15123 visible once the user has opened it. Doug
Hi Doug. Thanks for the reply. The window I was having trouble with was the pushback window in the Vickers VC10 C1K by David Maltby. I have it working in FSX and that was one of the problems I had converting it to FSX from FS9. When I changed the ident number it works fine now. Maybe as you say there is a gauge in the panel that locks the pushback panel on as soon as it is toggled. I don't know why that would be as you sure don't want to see a pushback window when airborne or after taxiing. Regards, Bob.

Hi Doug. Thanks for the reply. The window I was having trouble with was the pushback window in the Vickers VC10 C1K by David Maltby. I have it working in FSX and that was one of the problems I had converting it to FSX from FS9. When I changed the ident number it works fine now. Maybe as you say there is a gauge in the panel that locks the pushback panel on as soon as it is toggled. I don't know why that would be as you sure don't want to see a pushback window when airborne or after taxiing. Regards, Bob.
Bob, Just had a look at the readme for the pushback addon. It does indeed use a custom panel toggle icon. You should see it in the gauge entries for the main panel window. Doug

Bob, Just had a look at the readme for the pushback addon. It does indeed use a custom panel toggle icon. You should see it in the gauge entries for the main panel window. Doug
Hi again Doug. The stock window ident was 15123 as well as the stock pushback toggle icon code. When I used that ident I could toggle the pushback window on but could not toggle it off either with the toggle icon or via the Views/Instrument Panel dropdown in the top menu. After changing to 12100 in both places it worked fine either way. Best regards, Bob.

Hi all. I found my problem. I used FSPS to edit the panel and it stripped off one of the 15123 idents on one gauge line. When I fixed the panel.cfg and added the missing 15123 to the end of one of the gauge lines it now works OK with the icon. I still can toggle it on from the menu bar Views/Instrument Panel but I cannot turn it off from there. I can turn it off though from the icon. I do not understand why I can't turn it off that way, I can turn off/on all the other windows that way. Thanks for all your help. Bob.

In my reply to you Bob and now for any others on here to see there are in fact three references to the pushback panel1. the icon. which is clickable2. the blue light on the ignition panel which is also clickable3. a repeater blue light on the OH panel. which is also clickable1.<Gauge Name="PUSHBACK" Version="1.0"> <Image Name="pubk.bmp" ImageSizes="19,19" Luminous="1"/> <Mouse> <Tooltip>Pushback</Tooltip> <Cursor Type="Hand"/> <Click>15123 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse></Gauge> 2.<Gauge Name="Ground Call" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value>(L:GROUND,number)</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="0"/> </Failures> <Case Value="0"> <Image Name="BLUE_OFF.bmp" Luminous="0"/> </Case> <Case Value="1"> <Image Name="BLUE_ON.bmp" Bright="Yes"/> </Case> </Select> </Element> <Mouse> <Cursor Type="Hand"/><Tooltip>Ground Call</Tooltip> <Click>(L:GROUND,number) 0 != if{ 0 (>L:GROUND,number) } els{ 1 (>L:GROUND,number) } 1 (>L:Sound_attend1a,enum) 15123 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse></Gauge>3.<Gauge Name="Ground Call" Version="1.0"> <Element> <Select> <Value>(L:GROUND,number)</Value> <Failures> <SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELS Action="0"/> </Failures> <Case Value="0"> <Image Name="BLUE_OFF.bmp" Luminous="0"/> </Case> <Case Value="1"> <Image Name="BLUE_ON.bmp" Bright="Yes"/> </Case> </Select> </Element> <Mouse> <Cursor Type="Hand"/><Tooltip>Ground Call</Tooltip> <Click>(L:GROUND,number) 0 != if{ 0 (>L:GROUND,number) } els{ 1 (>L:GROUND,number) } 1 (>L:Sound_attend1a,enum) 15123 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click> </Mouse></Gauge> As far as the ident code goes they all have to agree and not conflict with any other codes.vololiberista

Hi Vololiberista. OK Thanks. I missed those. My basic problem was caused by the deletion of the 15123 after one of the gauge lines by FSPS. I really do like the panel. It's GREAT! Regards, Bo.

Hi, May i ask: what panel? Jan
See post #4, Jan... ;)
...the Vickers VC10 C1K by David Maltby.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks frather. Stupid me!Downloading now... Jan

Please note it is a FS2004 panel that needs changes to work in FSX. That's what I am up to for my own use. The basic plane works OK in FSX it's just some things in the panel that need work. Bob.

Once you have downloaded DM's VC10 from his site the updates which include full checklists etc are here:-http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=new+vc10+panel&CatID=root&Go=SearchHope you enjoy it.vololiberista