Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

WOAI in DX10 Preview Without Using Addon Converter X

Hello All Is it possible to batch convert FS9 WOAI textures to become visible in FSX when using DX10 preview mode ? I know that Addon Converter X does the job 'on-the-fly'. If possible though, I'd rather perform a permanent conversion on all of the textures without the need for a go-between program running. I appreciate that the consensus of opinion would be to just switch off DX10 preview. However, on my system, the boost in performance (~30-40%) is just too good to ignore... Any suggestions much appreciated Gary

Gary, I not sure how it works, but when you run Addon Converter X, essentially you only have to run it one time (unless you add additional aircraft later, I run it every once in a while after adding additional AI airlines). It converts the textures and it retains the change unless you want to change it back. Essentially, you won't know the difference, the files are converted as FSX loads. I agree with the boost in performance. And I am a big AI guy, so this was the perfect program for me. Brian S