Sign in to follow this  
oldskoolsimmer

main culprit of my errors/CTD's = GREED!

After playing about since release of the NGX i came to the conclusion that most my CTD;s were caused by my own greed!! ie wanting the highest settings, the most extreme power etc etc etc Now i have got the balance!! look glorious and runs smooth with no problems hence i say my issues were with myself being to greeedy!!!! thought i would share that with you!! bit of a useless post but hey, there u go! ps, ok i couldnt resist, but the ONLY thing i wish for now, is....turbulence!!! I;m not that greedy:P Kye

Well pardon me sir but with that rig you have in your signature, which is much more powerful than mines, (more ram, unless the overclocked 2600K is that much of a factor) I think you should deserve more. I run almost maxed out and it's running OK.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

The thing that needs to be remembered, is FSX is still a 32bit application, no matter how much physical memory you have installed, you are still limited to a 4GB Virtual Address Space, even on a 64bit O/S. In that Space your video memory has to fit also, so having one of those large memory new video cards like your 1.5GB GTX 580, doesn't help matters here. The detail of the NGX makes it extremely memory intensive (relatively speaking within FSX.) So it is necessary to cut back in other areas. such as scenery detail. I do it by not loading all the other addon dll's that I'm not currently using by setting ManualLoad to True in the DLL.xml file. This allows me to use the same graphic settings I normally use, which are Extremely Dense Scenery, Dense Autogen, 2Xlow water and 100% UT2 airline traffic. I also reduce texture size from 4096 to 1024 (via Photoshop) as well for both interior (VC) and external textures.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

How much VAS memory do you free up when reducing from 4096-1024? I seem to be stock at Normal Autogen and 40% UT2 traffic in big airports like EGLL,EHAM,LFPG etc. Same settings else as you /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

How much VAS memory do you free up when reducing from 4096-1024? I seem to be stock at Normal Autogen and 40% UT2 traffic in big airports like EGLL,EHAM,LFPG etc. Same settings else as you /Michael
As far as the textures go it's not so much the memory, in that the higher textures causes blurries, (I only have a E6850 @ 3Ghz) Where I get the most memory savings is with not loading all of my currently unused DLL's. Remember also, not only must you have enough VAS, it must also be contiguous, else you'll get fragments, so it's important to free up the memory at startup, which is another reason freeing up DLL application space helps.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I have had no issues really with the NGX so far even with high setting like dense autogen and extremedesne airport density or 4096 textures, but i still get CTD's only in orbx scenery even if i turn down the settings, but SP4 has solved most of those CTD's except when flying out of Canberra

I do not cut on any DLLs and still no CTD. I had CDT only when using EMB effects. BTW - if you have such a good graphic card, why dont you try AA setting of AA na AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12. You wont have any FPS drop, and picture will be much smoother - more to do by GPU - not CPU. I do and I am happy with it. In my opinion 99% of CTDs are due to freaky setup of peoples PCs

Tom Link

I have a HD5870 1GB combined with a I7-950@4,2 and disabling AA it just looks awfull. The best result is letting FSX control the AA and use CCC for the 16xAF but it is causing OOM in big places.Maybe i should try to delete the ENB in the fsxroot but it looks so good with ENB series in the NGX take a look at these videos i have made with a Galaxy S2. ENB rocks! (i think at least :-) ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtoOGRgvjjg http://www.youtube.com/user/Dustowizer?feature=mhee /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I do not cut on any DLLs and still no CTD. I had CDT only when using EMB effects. BTW - if you have such a good graphic card, why dont you try AA setting of AA na AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12. You wont have any FPS drop, and picture will be much smoother - more to do by GPU - not CPU. I do and I am happy with it. In my opinion 99% of CTDs are due to freaky setup of peoples PCs
I use that setting as well Tomi, it is great. I know that having Autgen higher then sparse helps performance, I have mine set at very dense, and water used to be set at low x 2. I set it to high just for a test the other day, and performance increased even more. Have completed about 20 flights with those settings, and not one stutter. Vey smooth.No OOM's, which I was getting on occasion. I have a GTX580, 2600K @ 4.5.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How/where do I set that?

Set it in nvidia inspector, I use that setting its the best.

Rich Sennett