Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

FSNavigator FP cruise altitude seemingly strange business question

Hello FolksLast night I created a flightplan from EGCC (MANCHESTER UK) to LFKS (SOLENZARA) I create my plans from runway to runway, I select 5L from EGCC to 18 LFKS I select my aircraft ,I select autoroute ,i hit button . This how I always (and without problems create my plans). When I check over the created plan I notice that FSNav has given me a cruse altitude of max 5000ft (not the 31000ft I selected) I tried low,high and nav to nav aid options ,I tried inserting the cruise alt manually ,but no matter what I tried 5000ft was the max cruise alt FSNAV would set. I found the only way i could get the correct alt was to NOT specify a dep runway and just insert EGCC itself (i can listen to ATIS to find correct dep runway of course) BUT THATS NOT WHAT I WANT SIR!rolleyes.gifAnybody have any idea why this might be.As an add on to this question tonight I found that selecting either runway 23R or 23L (EGCC) FSNav creates a plan with my choice of alt (FL310) with no problem .So to sum up take of 5L or 5R (EGCC) =max cruise alt 5000ft23 R or L = 31000 OR whatever you want as is normally usual.Any ideas chaps.cheersAndyPS the MANCHESTER airport is a freeware version from UK2000 so whether that makes a difference I don't know. UPDATE 18.30 hrs 23 R and L DO NOT allow my choice of cruise alt either .Apologies my mistake . Basically all runway planning fro EGCC buggered.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi there, If you are having problems with runways, is it possible that you haven't updated the FSNav database since you installed the relevant add on airports? If so the AFCADS may not be synched and if so FSNav would not function properly from any runways where there may be a conflict between FS9 and the FSNav database. Just a thought.

It is a problem with the way the sids have been created. Right-click on the last waypoint of the sid and select manual Setting. You will probaly see that 'Disable previous alt restriction is ticked. Unticking this does not help. My workaround is to add the last point of the sid as the next waypoint, right-click on it, and set Altitude After to whatever value you want (I set it to the initial cruise altitude). Doing this means that if you change anything in the plan, such as a different star, the 5000' restriction does not reappear. So, if the sid ends at DESIG at 5000', add DESIG again immediately after the existing DESIG. Right-click on this new DESIG, and set Altitude After to, say, 31000. Cheers

Hi there, If you are having problems with runways, is it possible that you haven't updated the FSNav database since you installed the relevant add on airports? If so the AFCADS may not be synched and if so FSNav would not function properly from any runways where there may be a conflict between FS9 and the FSNav database. Just a thought.
Thanks RayI had tried updating the FSNav database ,but with no joy.Cheers Andy

It is a problem with the way the sids have been created. Right-click on the last waypoint of the sid and select manual Setting. You will probaly see that 'Disable previous alt restriction is ticked. Unticking this does not help. My workaround is to add the last point of the sid as the next waypoint, right-click on it, and set Altitude After to whatever value you want (I set it to the initial cruise altitude). Doing this means that if you change anything in the plan, such as a different star, the 5000' restriction does not reappear. So, if the sid ends at DESIG at 5000', add DESIG again immediately after the existing DESIG. Right-click on this new DESIG, and set Altitude After to, say, 31000. Cheers
Thanks for having a go at solving my problem.I will not pretend I understand your solution rolleyes.gif though.My own workaround is this Not to enter a dep runway (The problem being at EGCC UK2000 add on scenery so maybe something to do with that) just the airport itself and then create the plan from there ,for some reason by doing that I can get FSNav to give me my correct choice of cruising altitude .I use the EGCC ATIS to find my dep runway.Fortunately this issue of the stunted cruise alt does not arise that often ,but it is a little annoying when it does .I would imagine that because it has occurred were I am using an addon airport is not a coincidence.PS the UK2000 freeware EGCC is a rather nice addon so no criticism is intended there. Especially as it passes (only just ,but passes nonetheless) the landing at an addon airport without descending into a slideshow test which is horrible when it occurs.So EGCC remains in my addon scenery folderThanks Guys You had a go at my problem which is appreciated.Andy

I'm happy that you have found your own workround biggrin.png It isn't a problem with the UK2000 EGCC scenery, I have it and love it. It is the way the sids for EGCC have been created within the Modules\FSNavigator\SidStar folder. Also, when you create your Autoroute with FSNAV from EGCC to somewhere, if you untick the SID checkbox, FSNAV will not use any EGCC sids. Cheers

Andy I managed to reproduce your problem. I rarely fly from EGCC but I have an older version of EGCC's UK2000 scenery with RWY 06L. I created a flightplan from EGCC to LFMN using 'calculate auto route'. gj888 is absolutely spot on, My route used the SID; LISTO 1S - not sure if that is still current. Anyway sure enough it introduced a cruise altitude using a Boeing 737, of 5000'. The Waypoint LISTO, was the last waypoint on that SID (the SID waypoints are the ones marked with a green line at the side), these SIDS (Standard Instrument Departure routes), are automatically generated by FSNav as described above. This waypoint contained a fixed altitude of 5000'. I right clicked on that waypoint and selected 'manual settings'. The checkbox 'disable previous altitude limits' was ticked. I unticked it and entered 33000 into the 'altitude after' box. For me this worked perfectly. You could of course delete that waypoint or re-enter it again manually as gj888 suggests, Either way this should be a very easy quick workaround and you don't have to not enter a dep runway. If this doesn't work then it may still be related to not updating FSNav's database. You said that this does not work for you. Do you have the last version (4.7)? What error message do you get, or does it freeze halfway? Sometimes you have to untick some of the scenery entries in the database window to get it to work (eg Voz Scenery libraries, Addon Scenery etc). Hope this helps. Ray

AH NOW! thanks a lot for the extra info guys, the fogginess of ageing brain is clearing (slowly) . Ray I do have the latest (greatest and sadly last by the looks of things) version of FSNav .I get no error messages when updating, but have not tried your suggestion of de-selecting some scenery entries. I will have a go at that.The beauty of FS!when your not flying ,your tinkering ,marvellous.cheers Andy

Andy The Waypoint LISTO, was the last waypoint on that SID (the SID waypoints are the ones marked with a green line at the side), these SIDS (Standard Instrument Departure routes), are automatically generated by FSNav as described above. This waypoint contained a fixed altitude of 5000'. I right clicked on that waypoint and selected 'manual settings'. The checkbox 'disable previous altitude limits' was ticked. I unticked it and entered 33000 into the 'altitude after' box. For me this worked perfectly. You could of course delete that waypoint or re-enter it again manually as gj888 suggests, Either way this should be a very easy quick workaround and you don't have to not enter a dep runway.
Hi Guys Ray is quite right but be aware that any change to the fp will cause FSNAV to reinstate the altitude limit from the last waypoint on the SID. What I do is this, autogenerate as normal, then in the example given by Ray I would: Right-click on LISTO, select copy With LISTO still highlighted, select paste. You now have a second LISTO right after the first LISTO which is not part of the sid (the green bar stops at the first LISTO). Right-click on the second LISTO, select 'Manual Settings' and add your desired altitude to the 'altitude after' box on this second LISTO. Now, any changes you make to the fp will not force the altitude constraint from the end of the SID (LISTO number 1) to propagate thru the rest of the plan. Cheers Calder