Sign in to follow this  
Ralph33

C-130

Not sure if your looking for a freeware version, but the CaptSim C-130 all-in-one pack is pretty good and if your willing to wait for the holiday sale you can get it for around $5.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm looking for a good C-30 Hercules download for Fsx. Can anyone suggest one?
Have you tried the CaptSim version? It's an excellent product.Not so long ago you could have got it for their usual 'bargain basement' special price.It is well modelled and FPS friendly too.

As others have noted, if you are prepared to wait a month or two, Captain Sim usually have a Christmas Sale (don't bank on it, but it's fairly likely). When they have one of those, most products go on sale for 9.99 (that's Euros). Having said that, their C-130 is worth the full price, so if you must have one, then go for it. It's pretty much 100 percent functional (i.e. expect to be reading the manual a lot), but you won't be disappointed with it that's for sure, it's a beautifully detailed model (both inside and out) with a fully-modeled interior, great VC, and lots of visual tricks up its sleeve. Great for Air Hauler by the way. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yep, the CS C130 would be your best bet. THe flight dynamics aren't the greatest, but it looks nice. And no I don't have any C130 stick time, but I do watch them do lots of maneuvers at work, and I've never been able to replicate those in FSX. I'd wait for the Christmas sale though...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

.....if your willing to wait for the holiday sale you can get it for around $5.
I may have misspoken regarding the price being $5 during the sale. Maybe more like $10 to $15 but still a great deal compared to the regular price.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the advice. Sure looks nice at Capsims. I'll check out the sale price in a month or so.