Sign in to follow this  
mhlarsen

PMDG Helicopter?

This has probably been asked before, but I could not find anything through the search engine: Would PMDG consider making a high quality helicopter like AW139 or similar?

Highly doubtful. Part of the reason their airliners are so good is that's their specialty.

To be honest, I don't have any interest in any helicopter, and I think most people don't. Airliners FTW!

FSX isn't very good with accurately simulating helicopters either....
Ever heard of the Dodosim JetRanger? But back on topic. We have many other companies making great helicopters. everybody should do what they are best at - over and out!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

If you want a decent chopper, try either the DodSim Bell 206, or the a few of the Cera ones, such as their Bell 212. You don't need PMDG to make one, as those are every bit as good as PMDG when it comes to quality. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If you want a decent chopper, try either the DodSim Bell 206, or the a few of the Cera ones, such as their Bell 212. You don't need PMDG to make one, as those are every bit as good as PMDG when it comes to quality. Al
Does the Cera helicopters simulate the torque effect as nice as the Dodosim 206 and vortex states?

It's perhaps not quite in the same league as the DodoSim 206, but it is a very close second, and with the help of some tweaks that are kicking about on hover control (see the Helicoper Total Realism profile in the Hover Control website downloads bit), it can be souped up somewhat to narrow the gap even futher. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here