Sign in to follow this  
ljfitzy

Product info

Hey all,Looking at buying this product but seems really complicates! I have another one similar call flight emulator pro but found that impossible to use! Waste of cash!How is this different in the way of responding to comands etc, are the easy key assignments? I found with the other product there was alot of control+alt+xxx involved making it impossible to remember! Is this easier,Also I found that in the other program it didn't read out airline names only model and flight number?I fly in aust, and I have a voice edit program that reads out jetstar, Rex tiger (go cat) and sharp airlines? Does this program recognize these airlines? Instead of just reading out flight numbers?Also, does anyone from aust use this?is there realistic frequencys, controller accents (non American)?Finally do we need to write up STAR's and SIDS? Or are there Australian ones on here?If we have to create our own, how hard is this?How much is it? Lol!' my cards copping a beating I'm thinking of getting the 737NGX to....Hope this isn't to much, help is appreciated Cheers,Liam

Blimey! Despite what a few people say, it's not complicated to use or to learn. In a small nutshell, load FS, open a plan, open RC4, load the plan there too, check frequencies, alternatives, cruise alts, callsign, click 'go'... Alt+Tab to FS and there's a semi-permanent FSUIPC menu display on the screen. You only ever have a choice of a few menu items to click. No complicated key combinations to memorise. SIDs and STARs are entered as extra waypoints and RC will allow you to fly them without interfering until you either are a good distance from the departure or are on final. Note the stress on 'without interfering': if you go somewhere else you won't get grief until you miss your first 'real' waypoint. You can choose during the setup for that flight whether to allow RC to command your altitude so restricting your z freedom while ignoring x & y or, if your proc has specific heights, effectively to disable all interference from RC until you're en route. I don't use external flight planners but I'm certain that most of them will handle their existing SIDs and STARs in a format RC4 will recognise. The learning curve is not really as steep as people make out-- they're just lazy. There are a dozen or so very good tutorials in the download/disc that very effectively baby you through a few evenings of learning. RC has a huge number of callsigns, and from browsing this sub-forum I think the next version will have many more. The corollary to this is that accents are not regional. You can have a South African controller in Alaska, and an Italian over Russia. Personally, this doesn't bother me but others disagree. Undoubtedly there are gaps as airlines come and go; in those cases the fallback is model and flight number. If you have a good voice, volunteer to be the Australian voice-actor. Please. (There are spaces for extra voices to be fitted in as required or desired). There may be a price shown somewhere on the home site. Google jdtllc. You can download the manual from there too. Don't be put off by its size- most of it is devoted to descriptions of ATC procedures and descriptions of the tutorial flights. Cheers,D

And another great feature to point out is that you can hand the communications off to a virtual co-pilot who will tune the frequencies for you and contact atc automatically.

RC menus for pilot interaction have keystrokes the user can assign as individual or combinations. This customization allows you to avoid conflicts of FS or other add-ons. Your SID and STAR waypoints must be in the flight plan. RC has no database of SIDs and STARs. If your first departure waypoint is 30 nm out, RC will vector you toward it. If you force DP mode, pr your first waypoint is within 30 nm, RC assumes you will navigate your own SID. For arrival at about 35 nm out RC will vector you pulling you off the STAR unless you request an IAP to do your own navigation. In both instances of departure and arrival phases RC has a flexibility mode where ATC becomes advisory and you can deviate from RC commands. jetstar is in the list. sharp is not. REX is listed as RAM EXPRESS, a US cargo carrier, but is not what you want. There are a number of regional voices recorded by real world volunteers. Where a region is not available a substitute is assigned. You elect the pilot/copilot voice and enable for controllers whatever voices you wish. If you click on my banner it will take you to the the jdtllc.com web site where in the documentation section you can download the manual (version 4.3) and tutorial flight descriptions. RC does not use synthetic voice sets but assembles phrases as needed recorded by real world people. RC has, but it is not recommended, prerecorded random ai chatter as an option along with the recommended ai chatter option. The latter along with the Interact with AI option, furnishes chatter by the ai around your area and phase of flight (what comm frequency you are using so if you are on approach you'll only hear ai pilots and controllers doing approach comms). FWIW we have real world Australian controllers on the RC beta team which advise us of procedures in that region. We also have one pilot there. Real world pilots and controllers in various global locations advise what was designed into this version and also for any future versions. http://jdtllc.com/products.htm gives you the pricing. Note that there are no additional voice sets to purchase.