Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Eaglesoft Citation CJ1 Extreme V2.0 out. Did anyone bite yet ?

I see they released a new toy.Did anyone get it yet ? What are your thoughts about this ?Info,VC pictures and all that appreciated :-) Vic

I see they released a new toy.Did anyone get it yet ? What are your thoughts about this ?Info,VC pictures and all that appreciated :-)
If they are selling it on Flight 1 then I guess you can try with the option to return it. It would be nice to see some higher resolution VC screenshots from the FSX version, although at the price it is I will probably not buy as it appears that the model does not have FADEC, which is modelled on their CX V2 & the Flight1 Mustang. Neither of which has been in the air since the NGX came out anyway !!!! G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

FADEC for both the FS9 and FSX versions is currently under development and will be released as a FREE upgrade once completely coded, debugged and tested throughly.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello BillI am getting really slow download speeds on this, promised myself I would wait until the FADEC was released but I need a change of pace from Boeing 737'sWhat is ETO on the FADEC and are you planning on adding a keymapping facility like the CX, that would be a good feature to have. EDIT:The server appears to have crashed now, download quit halfway through.

FADEC for both the FS9 and FSX versions is currently under development and will be released as a FREE upgrade once completely coded, debugged and tested throughly.
Nice to know, will keep an eye on that one then. Perhaps it will be ready by time I am in the NGX a bit less !!!! G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hello BillI am getting really slow download speeds on this, promised myself I would wait until the FADEC was released but I need a change of pace from Boeing 737'sWhat is ETO on the FADEC and are you planning on adding a keymapping facility like the CX, that would be a good feature to have.
Just uploaded a small fix to the FSX Package which is likely the reason for slow downloads this AM.The question of Key Mapping and the FADEC has been addressed in our forums. The answer on FADEC is that it's under development as a free upgrade when completed while the Key Mapping is under discussion for possible inclusion down the road.You are welcome to register in our forums as well.mellow.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

You are welcome to register in our forums as well.mellow.png
Hello RonI am already registered, just took the opportunity to run the questions by Bill while he was in the thread.Downloading now, may take a while though still a bit slow mad.gif

Really surprised about the no FADEC, and the lack of key mapping. Releasing this plane with no FADEC is a bit like releasing an A320 with no FBW. You're cheapening the product, and perhaps should have finished it before releasing. And as key mapping was added to the CX, again you know it's important to your customers and it would have been far better to release with key maps included. Just feedback, to be used or abused ;)

To each their own of course, but I for one am happy to wait for those features while I become familiar with this biz jet and its flight characteristics. I'm content to know that FADEC is coming later.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Really surprised about the no FADEC, and the lack of key mapping. Releasing this plane with no FADEC is a bit like releasing an A320 with no FBW. You're cheapening the product, and perhaps should have finished it before releasing.
FADEC is an engine feature, FBW is a deeply embedded design philosophy and implementation of an entire airframe. To think that the lack of these features in certain FS products are equally accusable is "a bit like" an exaggeration. The CJ1 is equipped with the Williams International FJ44-1A engine and it had no FADEC. The -1AP model was a significantly update to the -1A and borrowed the dual channel FADEC from its bigger sibling, the -3A. There was no FADEC simulated in Eaglesoft's original CJ1 and they probably overlooked the fact that it became a standard feature when Cessna moved to the CJ1+ model. I don't dispute that it's a very important feature and should be added to make the simulation more complete. I believe when ES catches up with it, it will work as nicely as the FADEC in their Citation X.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Really surprised about the no FADEC, and the lack of key mapping. Releasing this plane with no FADEC is a bit like releasing an A320 with no FBW. You're cheapening the product, and perhaps should have finished it before releasing. And as key mapping was added to the CX, again you know it's important to your customers and it would have been far better to release with key maps included. Just feedback, to be used or abused ;)
Thanks for the feedback. We doubt your actual interest but we've addressed these things and decided to let the aircraft go to those who want it now and provide the rest as we move forward.mellow.png
To each their own of course, but I for one am happy to wait for those features while I become familiar with this biz jet and its flight characteristics. I'm content to know that FADEC is coming later.
Thanks for your patience Rudy. Pumpkin.gif

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I hope this thread doesn't turn into one of those typical war of words threads any time a thread is opened regarding an ES product.I thought the comment by the guy who suggested the product was cheapened was about to be the tipping point.Interested from anyone who installes that can comment on performance vs other jets like the NGX, as far as if it performs better, same, or is heavier on FPS.

FADEC is an engine feature, FBW is a deeply embedded design philosophy and implementation of an entire airframe. To think that the lack of these features in certain FS products are equally accusable is "a bit like" an exaggeration. The CJ1 is equipped with the Williams International FJ44-1A engine and it had no FADEC. The -1AP model was a significantly update to the -1A and borrowed the dual channel FADEC from its bigger sibling, the -3A. There was no FADEC simulated in Eaglesoft's original CJ1 and they probably overlooked the fact that it became a standard feature when Cessna moved to the CJ1+ model. I don't dispute that it's a very important feature and should be added to make the simulation more complete. I believe when ES catches up with it, it will work as nicely as the FADEC in their Citation X.
Thanks Windy...mellow.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I dont see this product on Flight1 website, just the Mustang.