Sign in to follow this  
Honus

"WX Influenced" settings

I'm a little confused on this setting. when I set for WX influenced, do I changed each of the categories or only the "sky theme"? Also, do I have to set this each time before I fly or just do it once and then it remembers? Thanks

You must sign your posts with your full name.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Really?? why is that? ok, my name is Wayne Kenneth MaynardI was born in Queens NY,I presently reside in Miami, FLmy taxes are paid up and I'm registered to vote in FL. Now, could I find out about the wx influenced settings?

Full name is a requirement of obtaining support via our forums or help desk. The reason is that we receive thousands of support requests each month from unregistered "pirate" users which are costly for us and take time away from us developing and providing a high level of service to our customers. By supplying your real name we can verify that we are providing support to registered customers. We don't like the problems that piracy causes either, and understand that it only hurts the developers and legitimate customers, and for that, we apologize, but we have no control over this. Thanks for your understanding. Note that this is a standard requirement in many support forums for the reasons outlined above. As to your question, I assume you are referring to the Snapshot system? When you create a snapshot you are asked for the wx-influenced category to assign this to, and you may also modify/change categories of any Snapshot item at any time. Once you have assigned them a category you don't need to do anything else unless you want to re-assign it a different category. When the weather conditions are reviewed by the program during wx-influenced selections, the appropriate category will be selected to match your route average conditions. Then an item within that category is chosen randomly for installation, then installed. Please refer to the documentation regarding the Snapshot system for further information regarding this. Hope that helps!

Damian Clark

Guess I'm dense. I'm not finding the 'snapshot' system. Is it called something else? ThanksWayne Maynard

This is under the "Graphics" button/screen. Is this the screen you refer to or something else?

Damian Clark

This is under the "Graphics" button/screen. Is this the screen you refer to or something else?
Under "graphics", I see: options, save them, quick select, selection details, browse, send to fs, close. All I'm trying to do is get AS to use 'wx influenced' graphics for the sky, clouds and environment each time I start up without having to go in and re-set each time.Wayne Maynard

It under OPTIONS in the asv6.5 menu. Look to the right of that and you will see where u can select wx-influenced and the click save.

Oh, this is ASv6.5! I assumed ASE. Sorry about that! Assuming also that this is FS9 (FSX is not compatible with ASG/ASv6 graphics functions): All you need to do is Enable ASG Auto-Submit and then select the Wx-influenced theme for both Full Sky and Cirrus Theme. Sounds like you have already done this! And yes this remains this way forever until you change it. It will take care of everything including re-selecting and installing at the appropriate time. Just make sure FS9 is closed before specifying a "New Route" so that all the textures can be updated. After it installs the textures you can fire up FS9 and you are good to go!

Damian Clark

oh well that's easy. I was selecting the 'wx influenced' theme at the graphics menu but I noticed the same kind of wx kept coming up. I also was starting FS9 BEFORE anything else so this is very helpful info and I thank you.

You're very welcome... Also note that the WX is separate from the graphics theme items, i.e. if the weather is not changing significantly you probably won't notice much difference, as the wx-influenced selections will be similar as well as the actual wx conditions.

Damian Clark

Hi,I did have one last question. Is the above procedure also supposed to change, in addition to the sky theme, the 3D clouds, the Environment, cirrus clouds, sky color in the ASG? Reason I ask, is on the last 3 flights, I see the same cloud, environment, etc. settings as previously. Aren't they supposed to change according to wx influences? thanks

Hello,Yes, all should change if configured as suggested, assuming FS is Closed. It does this on "refresh", i.e. after a New Route is loaded. If you are not seeing changes, perhaps the weather is not significantly different?

Damian Clark

I'm sorry, I'm still not getting any wx changes. Here's the process I'm using: FS is CLOSED My flight plan is KSEA-PANCAS 6.5 is 'paused'I import my flightplanI have 'autosubmit wx influenced" checkedI "fetch" wx for KSEAI process the imported flight planI refresh the AS6.5 (I have not yet started FS9)I check the graphics and they are the same as the last 4 flightplans. Each category is unchanged. The same clouds, same haze color and density, same environment, same everything. what have I missed? ThanksWayne Maynard

Hi again Wayne, Are you seeing the message during refresh (in ASv6 status message) "Updating All ASG Graphics (FS Closed)? This process takes about 10-30 seconds. Just want to make sure things are operating correctly here with the basic auto submission. Also, you say "I'm still not getting any wx changes"... but we are talking about graphics, not wx, correct? Only the graphics would change during test iterations (due to random influence). The weather should not change unless the data says it should, according to real conditions. Here is the test I just ran with my exact steps: 1) Open ASv6.52) Let initial processes complete3) Click Options, confirm Enable ASG Auto-Submit is chcked, and Full Sky Theme and Cirrus Theme set to "Wx-Influenced" - Then press Save and Close button4) Confirm that the message "Updating all Graphics (FS Closed)" is shown during the auto refresh5) To confirm my wx-influenced selections, I pressed "ActiveSky Graphics" button, and ASG screen is loaded6) In ASG, Press "Selection Details" to see what the current wx-influenced theme is composed of7) Note the item for 3D Clouds Texture (in my test case, 005 Thin Fluffy 1)8) Hit Refresh in ASv6 while the ASG selection detail screen is still open9) Watch the selections (in ASG) automatically update and change (3D Clouds Texture is now: "027 Puffy 9") Can you please try the same steps and let me know your results? Thanks!

Damian Clark