Sign in to follow this  
flyguycaa

Mapping Start Levers

I have the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and would like to map the start levers to some toggle switches so I don't have to go to the VC to start and shutdown the engines. I also have the full paid version of FSUPIC for that it's worth. I attempted to map the function to the fuel valves in FSUPIC, and while that allows me to shutdown the engines, it doesn't actually move the start levers. Anyone know of a way to get this mapped so it actually moves the levers? Thanks in advance...

-------------

john croft

If you can map them to keystrokes, CTRL+SHIFT+F1 and +F3 are the shutdown, and +F2 and +F4 are the idle detents. sig.gif

I have this successfully mapped to the fuel norm/override switches via FSUIPC with the keystrokes mentioned above. Also I find the LASTE AP toggle or the flap switch are useful for gear up/off/down.

I have this successfully mapped to the fuel norm/override switches via FSUIPC with the keystrokes mentioned above. Also I find the LASTE AP toggle or the flap switch are useful for gear up/off/down.
I don't get a command generated when I use the fuel override moving them to the override position, only when I move them to the norm position. I just mapped them to the ENG OPER switch. And thanks BADDERJET, that was the ticket. Do you know where I can find a complete list of the keyboard shortcuts for this thing? I looked at all the .pdf files and couldn't find one...

-------------

john croft

LINDA, LINDA, LINDA ... I don't know how often I have to say "LINDA" for solving your problems ... Whistle.gifLOL.gif

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good thing that FSUIPC allows for a different command when a switch is turned off. I haven't had time to look into LINDA yet. In any case, take a look at the options/key commands section in the FMC, which lists everything that can have a shortcut assigned as well as the corresponding default shortcuts. By the way, would LINDA extend that functionality? For example I'd like the APU start switch to be assigned to one of the switches on the Warthogs throttle.

LINDA, LINDA, LINDA ... I don't know how often I have to say "LINDA" for solving your problems ... Whistle.gifLOL.gif
According to the thread about it that I read, with all posts dated in June of 2011, it hasn't been released yet, and even if it had the PMDG 737NGX wasn't one of the A/C listed as being supported as of it's "release". And regardless, if my joystick/throttle isn't generating a command that FSUPIC can see, I doubt that any other software would see it either, as these are the only two switches/buttons on them that don't generate a command.
By the way, would LINDA extend that functionality? For example I'd like the APU start switch to be assigned to one of the switches on the Warthogs throttle.
That is what I am looking for. A way to start and shutdown the APU from the keyboard, which I could then assign to the APU switch on the HOTAS. And FWIW, since my FUEL FLOW switches don't generate a command in FSUPIC when moving them to the OVERRIDE position I don't know how I could use those switches as 2 way for turn something on and off.

-------------

john croft

Left engine: ipc.control(70320, 536870912) Right engine: ipc.control(70321, 536870912) APU on: ipc.control(69750, 536870912) APU off: ipc.control(69750, -2147483648)

For the left engine, in FSUIPC, assign ctrl+shift f2 to the fuel norm L position - in the box that says "key to be sent when you press this button". That will move the sim start lever to the idle detent when you move the switch upwards. Still in FSUIPC, in the box below that reads "key to be sent when you release this button" you enter ctrl+shift f1, which will move the sim-lever to cutoff when you move the switch on the throttle to override. Of course you have to make sure that the physical position of the switch is correct before loading the simulation, otherwise the behavior will be reversed. Also, keep "keypress not to be held" checked. Hope this helps. By the way, personally I would like to assign the APU-switch to one of the ENG OPER switches, as they function in accordance to the real life three position switch (two steady positions + one spring loaded).

According to the thread about it that I read, with all posts dated in June of 2011, it hasn't been released yet,
there is a complete LINDA forum with all necessary informations. (same link as in my signature)For the NGX there are approx. 500 functions, including complete FMC, display brightness, contrast etc

Guenter Steiner

I played around with LINDA, works very nicely. Got my APU-switch mapped to hardware controls as well. Very helpful for after landing items until fs2crews FO comes along.

Do you know where I can find a complete list of the keyboard shortcuts for this thing? I looked at all the .pdf files and couldn't find one...
You'd have to go into the CDU options and see what keystrokes are predefined. Oh and I have still no real idea of what LINDA is or what it does. Would I benefit from it even if I don't have any fancy hardware besides a Logitech G series keyboard and an ordinary joystick? sig.gif

Oh and I have still no real idea of what LINDA is or what it does. Would I benefit from it even if I don't have any fancy hardware besides a Logitech G series keyboard and an ordinary joystick?
Yep ... works for any HID device, means Joystick.Your G keyboard is not supported.

Guenter Steiner

Ok, but given the hardware I have, what can I do with LINDA that I couldn't do with the NGX built in options (key command assignments)? Is there any benefit? sig.gif

See LINDA just as an Interface.Behind LINDA works LUA (enabled through FSUIPC of course). With LUA scripts you have the possibility to make nearly everything possible. As an example switching the left fuel switches together, the center ones the right ones or all switches at once (if you are reduced in buttons) And with LINDA you can assign these functions just by a few clicks through a drop down menu.

Guenter Steiner