Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tompilot

Looking to do a partial PC rebuild to get better FPS in FSX, I need a little advice please?

Hi, Well, after having bought FSX when it came out and despite having what I believe is an OK system to handle it my frame rates are very bad in FSX. Granted I'm the kind of guy who needs everything turned up to 11. But even on half sliders for most settings I'm only currently getting 12FPS on the ground. I've ran a few system tests and it seems that the CPU is what is being maxed oiut and causing the performance issues. current spec: CPU: intel quad 2.20GHz processor GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 512mb MEMORY: 8GB over 100GB free on my hard drive As my motherboard is a little dated I'm going to get a new 6 core 3.30GHz AMD Phenom II CPU with a AM3+ motherboard and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. My intention is to used the same GPU for the moment due to cash constraints. I guess I'm looking to see if anyone else has been through this and can maybe give me any tips, tell me if I'm along the right lines of upping the CPU? Thanks in advance

Well, the AMD maybe won´t satify you. Why don´t you get an i5-2500k and clock that up? Maybe the most money and frustration saving way.

Best regards, Steffen

vrs_supporter_zpsiwiqesbo.png

Fight time: NGX 737-700: 37,0h; -800: 47,2h

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now