Sign in to follow this  
FredrikHj

Intel i7-920 and GTX560ti - 737ngx performance

Hi I have bad performance with mine Intel i7-920 OC 3,2GHz and the graphiccard gtx280. I have the unit Matrox THGO2 DE with 3x 22" at 5040x1050! My card is from XFX the standard edition of gtx280 1GB. My problem is that I get some OOM sometime if I have at high settings and need to force down the graphic a bit and no OOM then but I get poor performance around 10 fps in good wether. You can imagine how bad the performance will be in bad wether so I must buy a grafhiccard with more VRAM then 1GB!? My questions are: 1)Do you think I can OC my CPU more and get even better performance? 2)Will a change from gtx280 to gtx560ti get much better performance with more VRAM to get out of OOM fault? Will the Impact of pmdg 737ngx decrease the performance to my 737ngx and will it be better with gtx560ti? Quick answer, please//Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Hi Fredrik, if I remember correctly I've read it somewhere on this forum that as FSX is a 32bit game it has got a limited capability in accessing (system) memory and on top of that the VRAM also has to fit in there (I'd guess it should be somewhere between 1-4Gb of RAM altogether)... I can't find the article but I'll have a look in the near future. But it said that you have to make a compromise by using lower detail settings somewhere else as NGX is a rather complex addon.As for your rig mine roughly has the same attributes and it's been running stable on 4GHz with a Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD5 for more then 2 years now so there's definitely some reserve in your's (although I'm using watercooling; and almost have cooked it 2 weeks ago while playing FSX but that's a different story). RgdsGabor

You should overclock your CPU more. I have an i7 860 overclocked to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost on. So the stock speed is 2.8 GHz, and it's now running at 4.2 with good temps. I don't have a great GPU, a GTX 320 and 6 GB RAM, but the performance is great, although I sometimes only get 18 fps at Aerosoft Amsterdam (which has got serious performance issues), but overall, it's got great performance after overclocking. With stock speed, I couldn't even run Aerosoft Schiphol above 12 fps! So I highly recommend to increase your overclock, it will make a massive difference, believe me.

Hi Okey, the CPU has ben OC to 3,8GHz, do not ask why I did not tried higher but that was with a 32 bir OS now I have 64 bit and the OC has to decrease to 3,4GHz if I wanted a stable system. Now I run at CPU level up as a i7-695 3,2GHz! I will try to OC later! I like to upgrade the graphiccard to gtx560ti ?GB I like to fly fsx with mine matrox unit and need more memoryin at the grafhiccard. Do you think i will get better performance with a gtx560ti 2GB or more with my matrox unit at 5040x1050 instead of gtx280 1GB? How about the AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB? Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Hi again I have a Thermalright Ultimate-120 Extreme so the CPU can be OC about 4GHz, will you get the best performance with OC to 4GHz? I do not know if I can reach 4GHz sinse I have ever OC my cpu with the moderboard I now own! Fredrik

I am running 3.17 GHZ with a 1.5 GB Nvidia Quadro. 8 GB RAM. Running very well, All sliders on left side to max, and Very Dense on right side.

I am running 3.17 GHZ with a 1.5 GB Nvidia Quadro. 8 GB RAM. Running very well, All sliders on left side to max, and Very Dense on right side.
Hi It sounds great. I like to upgrade the graphiccard to gtx560ti and do you think i will get better performance with a gtx560ti 2GB or more with my matrox unit at 5040x1050 instead of gtx280 1GB?How about the AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB?Fredrik

Hi It sounds great. I like to upgrade the graphiccard to gtx560ti and do you think i will get better performance with a gtx560ti 2GB or more with my matrox unit at 5040x1050 instead of gtx280 1GB? How about the AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB? Fredrik
Hi fredrik,Maybe stick with Nvidia if you can (No offence to AMD users) as NV renders AA a lot better. There has been many posts about this, so something for you to consider. regards

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi It sounds great. I like to upgrade the graphiccard to gtx560ti and do you think i will get better performance with a gtx560ti 2GB or more with my matrox unit at 5040x1050 instead of gtx280 1GB? How about the AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB? Fredrik
Fredrik. If you search through this forum you will find many people say the same thing. Don't waste your money on high memory graphics cards, you could actually cause more problems than you solve when it comes to FSX.As you can see by my sig, my GTX560Ti is only 1gig. and my performance is exellent. For instance 27/30fps at Aerosoft Amsterdam.Overclocking is the best way to go, not to mention the cheapest.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Okey, the CPU has ben OC to 3,8GHz, do not ask why I did not tried higher but that was with a 32 bir OS now I have 64 bit and the OC has to decrease to 3,4GHz if I wanted a stable system. Now I run at CPU level up as a i7-695 3,2GHz! I will try to OC later! I like to upgrade the graphiccard to gtx560ti ?GB I like to fly fsx with mine matrox unit and need more memoryin at the grafhiccard. Do you think i will get better performance with a gtx560ti 2GB or more with my matrox unit at 5040x1050 instead of gtx280 1GB? How about the AMD Radeon 6970 with 4GB? Fredrik
If temps are ok a tiny bit extra vcore might help boost your oc. I'd definitely hit the major oc fora to see what they have to say.Edit: as for the video card, I'd go for the 2gb as it would help more with the matrox setup you're using. If 2gb is taking up too much vas (I doubt it'd get over 800mb) you could always use the edit Ryan provided to limit fsx video ram usage to 1.5gb. I get the impression that 1.5gb seems to be the sweet spot.

Hi I will buy the NVidia gtx560ti 2GB! Fredrik

Dear Fredde, I had before a i7-870 @ 3,9GHZ and had no problem with it. You should try overlocking it, but keep in mind that you might need new CPU cooler otherwise your PC will be very noisy. I had MSI P55 Big Bang Trinergy motherboard for my i7-870 with GTX480 and at EHAM with PMDG747X I had only 19-22fps. Now I changed to i7-2600k @4.7 GHZ and that made a difference!!! You should consider i7-2600k instead of your i7-920. Peter

Hi, Im using GTX295 OC to 3.8GHZ, very nice performa until now.. But to be honest, im very interest with i7 2600K combine with Asus P8Z68-V PRO..Hypnotized.gif

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Running the same CPU at stock standard speed and a 470X and my frame rates are smooth. I do have the fastest DDR3 memory I could find in my system though.

Start by finding out what is your problem, gpu or cpu bases. I would use cpu-z and gpu-z and take a look at how mutch they are loaded... or not. Also stepping back too just one monitor too see how that works could give you some insight. Maikel Rozemeijer.