Sign in to follow this  
mrdfw

Better to install Hotfix 4 or wait for SP

My NGX seems to be working OK with Hotfix 3, should I wait for SP1 given posts about issues with Hotfix 4????

Ray Vlasek

If you aren't having troubles, I wouldn't install it, I'm waiting for the SP, but then again thats what I did, which doesn't mean you shouldn't either or that its the right thing to do.

My NGX seems to be working OK with Hotfix 3, should I wait for SP1 given posts about issues with Hotfix 4????
Only you can decide that. I've done all the updates along the way and find HF4 to be the best version yet, but then again I typically dont have any issues with FSX or my software. Others have tried HF4 and seem to like it as well, but then again a few have had problems with it.50/50 chance I guess. If you do it make sure to uninstall your liveries and I would go ahead and delete all 4 of the a/c cfg's in each model folder first and let the update write a new cfg to each one. The reason being is that or some of us who didn't delete the cfg's, after running the update the version numbers weren't updated for some reason. Starting with fresh a/c cfg's and running the HF installer again let it write completely new cfg's with updated info.Your call or just wait for the SP, but I can probably guarantee that even with the "official SP" there will still be a handfull of people posting with problems that it caused, or they think it caused, which in turn will have people asking "should I install the SP1 or stay with RTM?". Never ending cycle, lol.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think that is better install all HFs, because the hotfix are a pre-realease ServicePack, and you can enjoy new features, and if you have problems yo can advise to PMDG for fix before release the final version for the Service Pack.

There is really only one LOGICAL answer. PMDG have ADDED value in HF4. Many (majority) posts (including my expereince with HF4) report that it is HF4 is BETTER. It is a precursor to SP1. If FIXES things and ADDS functionality. By using HF4 you are ADDING to the collective process and therefore ADDING to your own experience ultimately! If you are having problems already, then you are already having problems! HF4 might actually help. If not, your probelms might also appear with SP1 in which case what have you got to loose with HF4? There are tons of NGX users that are PROBLEM FREE! There are many posts reporting problems which eventually were attributed to one's FSX/Windows/platform/environment and magically went away after clean install/rebuild and/or as a result of HF4. SP1 might be delayed, your PC might catch fire, there might be a huge man eating bug in HF4. You have nothing to fear except fear itself to quote someone famous. Besides, create a windows restore point or systyem image and if you are not totally satisfied then you can alway go back to what you had. In summary, it is not a life threatening decision, it is recoverable. There is really only one answer - YES install HF4!!!!!!!!!!

I did hotfix 2 which fixed my freezing (panels not updating) so i skipped 3 & 4 as all was ok. Waiting for SP1. If you dont have issues i would wait.

I will wait. Things are working well now. Just finished 3 linked flights from PHTO to PHJD, refueld, then PHJD to KSAN then on to KLAS.

I recommend leaving well enough alone. I had no problems at all from the start but HF 3 caused all kinds of new issues. Finally back on track but will wait for SP1.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

With hotfix 4, If you select SID then press ERASE key, it shows a wired message appears in CDU scratchpad instead of showing all SIDs again.The only one chage I found was this. I can feel nothing better, nothing worse.

Basicly if your NGX doing good and no major issue without the HF4, then just stay with it. I my self use the HF4 and very satisfied. No CTD, freezing and other issue (i've try 15 hours online without a single problem)..

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

You ask 10 users, you'll get 10 answers... :) You have to decide that yourself. You can always reinstall from scratch if it goes pie-shaped... :) Andrew

If you plan on installing Service Pack 1, or getting any of the expansion packs (e.g. 737 600/700) for which SP1 will be mandatory, you should install HF4 asap in order to learn if the changes break anything for you that needs to be fixed in SP1.

I recommend leaving well enough alone. I had no problems at all from the start but HF 3 caused all kinds of new issues. Finally back on track but will wait for SP1.
My exact same experience and sentiment. I shall wait for SP1. Wycliffe