Hello I fly the PMDG 737ngx with ASE and Radar Contact 4 within australia with Orbx airports and FTX full terrain for Australia, what are the most realistic settings to use to ensure I am getting real world weather through out australia, should I be using DWC, I also have a registered copy of FSUIPC that I use with FSX. Does anybody have a guide that will give the most realistic settings, thanks in advance Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hello Wayne,We recommend the default options and then DWC mode enabled. Specifically the most important options: DWC Depiction ModeAutomatic downloads On (10 minute download interval)Wind Smoothing and Visibility Smoothing On Disable Haze Layer (checked)Force Destination Wx Zone (checked) Also, since you are using the PMDG 737, we recommend following the suggestions in the README.rtf (ASE installation folder) pertaining to reducing turbulence effects, to avoid potential S-turns.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian, Would these settings also apply to VFR flying at say 4 - 5000 ft

Glen

Yes, that would also be ideal for low-altitude VFR flights. Please keep in mind that "ideal settings" are very much subjective. Me, I'm a total realism nut, and always prefer reality over anything else, but others may prefer something more visually appealing at the expense of realism. Then there are those somewhere in the middle, but each person has their own requirements and expectations and that's why we have so many options so that you can experiment and find the best settings for you. To get the most out of this a detailed read of the Options chapter in the manual would be recommended, so you can have a better idea of what each options actually does and how it might pertain to your sim activities.

Damian Clark

We recommend the default options and then DWC mode enabled. Specifically the most important options
Sorry if this is obvious, I can't find an answer in the manual. How do I reset ASE to default settings. A forum search only brought up this current 'post'. Thanks

Glen

thanks Damien I would also like to know how to set the weather to the default settings

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Here is a zip of our default options files: http://dreamcatcher....tASEOptions.zip Please unzip these and place them in your C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HiFi\ASE\Options folder, overwriting the old. We'd recommend backing up your existing options files first.

Damian Clark